How to keep warm in northern winters

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
White Falcon

How to keep warm in northern winters

Post by White Falcon »

As the temperatures dip to freezing, it's becoming harder to walk my dog each day. I wear long thick skirts, but bare legs and bottom underneath. Sometimes, the cool air is actually a good thing down there! But sometimes, it's too cold. I have a long down coat that goes down to my knees, and boots that go up to my knees, so only a 2 inch gap. But the cold breeze - whoa momma!

What are people wearing these chilly days under their skirts to keep warm? Anyone tried petticoats!?
Provoked pain with intercourse 1980-2008
Intermittent flare-up beg. March 2008
Constant pain since Sept. 2009
CT guided nerve block Apr 2010 (made pain much worse)
Hysterectomy July 2010
Other issues: fibromyalgia, migraines, Lyme, gastritis, MCS
Pisama

Re: How to keep warm in northern winters

Post by Pisama »

Stay-ups? I have seen thigh stay-ups, atleast here in Finland. BTW Vancouver is nice place !
Skylar

Re: How to keep warm in northern winters

Post by Skylar »

Last year I bought some really nice silky long johns from Mark's Work Wearhouse store. They don't have an overly snug waistband and the material doesn't fit tight against your body. I found them very comfy. They are made by the store's WindRiver brand but aren't sold on their website for some reason. They do have the fleece version online but those ones have a much tighter waistband and aren't anything close to the feel of the ones I'm recommending. The ones I like are available in men's sizes as well.

The women's product code is: U923170, any Mark's store would sell them. They are packaged as DriWear Thermal Pant Base Layer and are on sale this week for 25% off. The material is 66% micro nylon, 21% micro polyester and 13% spandex.

Trade you an Ontario winter for a Vancouver winter any day. :lol:

Cheers, Fall Girl
Unilateral pain began in 2009 from fall trauma.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”