Dr. Tibet's & Dr. Hal Martins Laparoscopic PNE Surgery Info.

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Anne

Re: What's Everybody's Thoughts about Laparoscopic PNE Surge

Post by Anne »

mikette,
my surgery with Prof. Possover was sucessful, but I still have lots of pain. I know now, that all my sacral nerves S1-S5 are compressed by scar tissue in the epidural space. I know this now because I had a spine surgery and the doctors told me that it is not possible to decompress the nerves epidural because it was not possible to distinguish between nerves and scar tissue there.
Regards,
Anne
shawnmellis

Post by shawnmellis »

Thanks for everybody's responses so far. Thanks for the Possover publication Violet. I would love to know if Dr. Hal Martin or Dr. Tibet in Turkey 1. Can decompress the Perineal Branches and Dorsal Branches or if they plan to in the future? 2. If they do their Laparoscopic incision point and approach in the same areas as others who do it Laparoscopically? It may be possible to see more of the nerve and its branches with non-Laparoscopic surgery, but I wonder if it does or does not cause more scar tissue with either way? Questions, I'm not sure if anybody can answer, but thought I would just throw them out there. By the way, Elisabeth Oas said she was just named the National Patient Advocate for the International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS) She said she was so incredibly honored to be working with a very special committee that will be putting together a new section on the website called "The Patient's Corner" She also has a free Internet Talk Show with leading PNE and Pelvic Specialsits such as Dr. Hibner. She said she is working on getting a talk show with Dr. Tibet from Turkey on her show. I will let you all know if she is able to get him on her show. Her talk show is at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pelvicmessenger She has suffered from chronic pelvic pain for years now, and prior to getting pelvic pain was an actress. I know she will be an extremely helpful advocate for everyone with PNE/PN and others with Pelvic Pain.
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!
shawnmellis

Re: Dr. Tibet's & Dr. Hal Martins Laparoscopic PNE Surgery I

Post by shawnmellis »

I've added a bunch more information straight from Dr. Tibet regarding his Laparosopic PNE surgery. I've added questions asked by patients with PNE to him recently at the bottom of my origina post. Please read the questions and answers there and let me know what you think.
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!
Faith

Post by Faith »

Shawn,

I would like to know more info about Dr. Tibet's experience with sacral nerve root compression. He mentioned this several times in his responses, but this is not something I have ever been able to find much literature on. He mentioned compression of S2-4. Does he have any literature on this? Or could he explain how people's symptoms differ when they have sacral nerve root compression vs. PNE?
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
paulette

Post by paulette »

At this point, Dr. Martin does not do the dorsal nerve root decompression. Where is this Dr. Possover located?
nyt

Post by nyt »

Dr. Possover is in Switzerland.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
nyt

Post by nyt »

Dr. Howard in Rochester, NY does a laparoscopic pudendal decompression surgery but he can't visualize the whole nerve and has limited access by his approach. Not sure how many he has done over the last couple of years but I know a couple of his patients were cured.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
shawnmellis

Post by shawnmellis »

Everybody can view Dr. Tibet's PNE Laparascopic surgeries at http://www.pudendal.eu/index.php?goto=video
Faith

Post by Faith »

Shawn,

Did you ever ask him about sacral nerve root compression? See my post/question above. Thanks.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
MichaelaZ

Post by MichaelaZ »

Anne wrote:Hi,
I had my decompression surgery with Prof. Possover by laparoscopic approach, and he is able to check the pudendal nerve from the sacral plexus to the ligaments and to the alcock's canal. He told me, that it is difficult to decompress the alcock's canal by the laparoscopic approach, but not impossible. Just wondering that Dr. Filler is not able to look at the pudendal nerve from the spine to the alcock's canal in one surgery. How about the other surgeons who are performing the laparoscopic approach?

Anne,
When was your surgery? Did it help you? Could you please give some more details?

Thank you!!

Return to “SURGERY”