Vicoden

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
blasterkeg

Vicoden

Post by blasterkeg »

I am on Vicoden and valium. Had one nerve block the next one is scheduled for next week. I still am in pain every day. I think I should talk to the dodctor about a medication for nerve pain. Any suggestions?
pelvic floor dysfunction
abdominal bladder and penis pain and rectal pain
pain from sitting and car rides
shocking and burning pain though bladder and penis
testicle pain
Miss diagnosed forever with "just passing a kidney stone" or "Prostate infection"
Pain all the time. Sometimes better most of the time it is not
Physical therapy did nothing to help
Current Medication Vicodin and Valium when needed
GABAPENTIN 600MG 1 a day
3 guided nerve blocks done 1 more possible
pn_person

Re: Vicoden

Post by pn_person »

there are meds for nerve pain, neurontin and lyrica being the most popular I believe, but if the vicodin is not working, I am guessing the others will not work unless the vicodin dosage is very small
Alan

Post by Alan »

I had the same problem when this first occurred with me. The doctor put me on nortriptyline and tramodol. They have both helped tremendously. There are different medications you can try.
blasterkeg

Post by blasterkeg »

I am on 5mg of vicoden and 2 mg of valuim. Both are small dosages. They help somtimes others times I need more. The Nerve block that I had did nothing to realy help with the the pain just the consant burning I had became less of a problem.
pelvic floor dysfunction
abdominal bladder and penis pain and rectal pain
pain from sitting and car rides
shocking and burning pain though bladder and penis
testicle pain
Miss diagnosed forever with "just passing a kidney stone" or "Prostate infection"
Pain all the time. Sometimes better most of the time it is not
Physical therapy did nothing to help
Current Medication Vicodin and Valium when needed
GABAPENTIN 600MG 1 a day
3 guided nerve blocks done 1 more possible
pn_person

Post by pn_person »

blasterkeg wrote:I am on 5mg of vicoden and 2 mg of valuim. Both are small dosages. They help somtimes others times I need more. The Nerve block that I had did nothing to realy help with the the pain just the consant burning I had became less of a problem.
5mg of vicodin and 2mg of valium are both super low dosages....most would consider those dosages non therapeutic I believe..anyway. good to hear from other participants here that there are effective alternatives, but you might want to try an increase in the dosages of your current meds

I have taken both, vicodin for unrelated pain some time ago, and valium for current condition..valium dosage for me is magnitudes higher than 2mg

if vicodin is increased, be careful with constipation...big side effect of that one

take care!!

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”