Pudendal guy in California

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
PN-SufferVT

Re: Pudendal guy in California

Post by PN-SufferVT »

Alan wrote:Lo and behold, my nerve pain doctor in Los Angeles may have found the problem for my pain. I had a nerve block with steroids injected at the base of my spine this morning, with the aid of a catscan. After the injection, my pain doctor asked if I had injured my tailbone in the past. I told him that I had done alot of heavy lifting, and moved some seriously heavy furniture upstairs. I also did a lot of snow boarding last winter, and could have possibly fell on my stitting area. Yes, I am a very high strung person when healthy and am on the move constantly. Well, he found a crack in my tailbone. This can cause inflamation, nerve pain and problems with sitting. At last, I 'think' that a reason for the pain has been found. Even if it hurts for some time, I can live with that, just knowing what the problem is, and knowing that treatment and 'time' can resolve the problem. Never give up hope (and a lot of prayer) (:

wow your story is very similar to mine.... I was a big time weight lifter, who spend every moment possible snowboarding! I wonder if I have a crack in my tail bone.....
PN started in June 2009, quickly pain level went to 10. PN probably caused from long hours sitting in car, followed by weightlifting/sports daily. My pain level are now daily between 1 and 4. I do not know if I have true entrapment, but definitely know I have neuralgia of the PN.
mmathis2180

Post by mmathis2180 »

I will be having the radiofrequency ablation with Dr Kenneth Levey in NYC. I am not sure if it is the pulse kind though. Whichever is the safer of the two. He just needs to find an astegiolist (SPELLING) to assist with the process. i have opted to not have the PN surgery but have tried nerve injections, cymbalta, PT, and currently just on 50 mg of tramadol twice a day. i can no longer sit for more then 3 minutes without being in pain. pain scale at a 3. I know its not has bad as others but it has taken over my life. Depression, anxiety, and now i have feet problems from standing so much and hip problems from shifting my weight onto my hip when i try to sit.

His contact is below:
Dr Kenneth Levy
646-290-9560
mmathis2180

Post by mmathis2180 »

I will be having the radiofrequency ablation with Dr Kenneth Levey in NYC. I am not sure if it is the pulse kind though. Whichever is the safer of the two. He just needs to find an astegiolist (SPELLING) to assist with the process. i have opted to not have the PN surgery but have tried nerve injections, cymbalta, PT, and currently just on 50 mg of tramadol twice a day. i can no longer sit for more then 3 minutes without being in pain. pain scale at a 3. I know its not has bad as others but it has taken over my life. Depression, anxiety, and now i have feet problems from standing so much and hip problems from shifting my weight onto my hip when i try to sit.

His contact is below:
Dr Kenneth Levy
646-290-9560
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I don't blame you for not wanting to go for PNE surgery if you pain levels aren't real high. Good luck with the procedure and please let us know how it goes for you. ;)
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
mmathis2180

Post by mmathis2180 »

Does anyone know of a dr in the US (that takes medical insurance) that does the radiofrequency ablation? I have been trying to schedule it with Dr Kenneth Levey in Manhattan but he cannot find an anastegiolist to do the surgery with him. (I guess he needs the anastagiolists certain medical equipment as well) Has anyone had this and if so with who?
Alan

Post by Alan »

Haven't been on a while but, my pain doctor in L.A. does radiofrequency. His name is Dr. Park and he works for Kaiser Insurance.
mmathis2180

Post by mmathis2180 »

I actually got Dr Kenneth Levey in NY to find an anastegiolist to do the prodedure with. I will post again after I have it at the end of March. thanks!
Alan

Post by Alan »

So many people on this forum have mentioned the hips being out of alignment. I went to a podiatrist this week(as I had broken my left foot a year and a half ago prior to this nerve pain beginning). He said that my right hip is lower than my left when I walk. I have pain on the right side near the sacrum(feels like I have been shot there-by late afternoon). I feel 'very' out of alignment. Has anyone else felt this way? I am guessing that I have some type of sjd going on. I injured this side four years ago by being stupid. The pain eventually went away but, this time nerve pain came when I pulled on the springs of my daughters trampoline last March.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Alan, I get pain in the SI ligament area -- similar area to what you are describing -- and I've been told I have chronically strained SI ligaments with pelvic misalignment. I'm quite certain this contributed to my PNE. Have you been evaluated by a good PT yet? I wonder if you might have developed a misalignment from a change in your gait when your foot was broken.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Was doing well for quite sometime. Had a pudendal nerve test and it reported negative to pudendal neuropathy even though I have similar(not all) characteristics of pudendal nerve damage. However, I landscaped my front yard because I was feeling pain free most of the time, and you guessed it...flare up. So, just started with physical therapy, which caused a flare up too. Very confused as to what is causing symptoms. Most of my pain comes on after bowel movement. Can sit most of the time, but have pain when going from sitting to standing, just above tailbone. Walking long distances can cause flare up too. Can pelvic floor dysfunction cause these problems? Has anyone had success with physical therapy? Thanks for any information that I can pass on to my pt.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”