Surgery after 8 years

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Charlie

Re: Surgery after 8 years

Post by Charlie »

Good luck with your recovery Ezer or should I say Robin

Jim's/Superuse's post was cowardly.

If Jim disagrees so strongly with Ezers decision to have surgery why not come on here and debate with Ezer? Unlike the forum he posted his message on he will not be banned from here for offering an alternative opinion or charged $20 . I may have criticized David Wise's treatment but I would not mock people that have been to the clinic especially when I myself have been there. Jim seems to be hoping that people’s surgeries fail. It's an abhorrent attitude to take and an ironic one since Jim used to sign every post with 'Get well Jim' . Maybe it should have read 'Get Well Jim (except if you have had surgery) ''.

Just like Lotta Nerve and Ezer I do not know of anyone that has been cured by attending the Wise clinic.

There are inaccuracies in Jims posts also. It was not Dr Filler who injected Atrox with botox . It was Dr Garaj.
Last edited by Charlie on Tue May 31, 2011 2:16 am, edited 10 times in total.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
ezer

Post by ezer »

Charlie,
you are right. I just googled "Botox Atrox site:pudendal.info" and the post is still in the google cache, probably not for long:
Re: Lidocaine vs. Botox injections
by atrox » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:08 am
The botox G___j did on me failed. and the lidocaine didn't have any effect. didn't numb the pudendal which means he didn't get close to it. I think he got the belly of the muscle instead.

The other thing is if you listen to him he says that is never worth doing surgery. That it has a zero percent chance of helping. So just get used to the pain. The most cold hearted thing he said was after the injection. "Just get out and get a Job"

I am virtually bedridden and he says Just get a Job. That is so cold
Indeed it is not Dr.Filler. The statement was made by a doctor speaking against surgery. I just cannot picture Dr.Filler being so abrasive.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

wow, this post has really gotten insane! kinda fun though...
fyi, dr. filler does do the botox injections himself... he did mine, and he himself prefers his piriformis surgery, although not everyone gets it. He didn't give me that option, as he didn't find piriformis entrapment for me. I found him a slightly sour individual (doctor personality totally) although his staff was nice, and was frustrated with their guessing on me...switching surgery choice in minutes after one comment of doubt I made, and then not wanting to go back to the older idea they had for me... i have reservations about his office, but I am sure even though it is overadvertised, that he must help some people or he could not remain in business.
never been to wise though...
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
ezer

Post by ezer »

I agree, it is fun. It is a pudendal board but we should sometimes laugh at our miseries and the inter-forum drama is always entertaining.
I see what you mean about his attitude. I saw it more or at least interpret it in my mind as extreme shyness. It was nice for him to wait until almost 7PM on Friday for me to wake up and tell me what he found. He also came to the hospital to discuss with my wife and I on Saturday (on labor day weekend).
I met a pain doctor a few years ago that was warm and compassionate but then at the end of the consult tried to peddle his book and audio CD. I'll take Dr.Filler any day over that doctor.
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

I found Dr. Filler to be pleasant. I think a lot of his issue in some people thinking he is "cold", is his body language. I tend to do fine with unusual body language as I have a lot of autistic people in my family. I found his actual interactive style to be respectful and professional, just not warm and charming.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
ezer

Post by ezer »

I agree with you hermajesty. I am not saying that to be nice to Dr.Filler because he is my current doctor.
I had a not so pleasant experience with Dr.Jordan (abrasive, flamboyant, cut me in the middle of my sentences etc...) but I know that some people such as Karen Wiesner like him very much.
KRISG

Post by KRISG »

Hi all,

I guess that making someone better is THE selectioncriteria for a doctor . All other things are very nice to have but not so important in my opinion. You can have a very sympatic docter making you worse and a closed personality making you better ... I know what i choose !!
And indeed ...it is all a question of what personality you get allong with.

Kris
Bicyclist / IT guy / sitting allot
Then pain -- but only when sitting--
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!
ezer

Post by ezer »

Hi Kris,
Absolutely. The results count at the end of the day.
But I had Botox with Dr.Jordan and let's say that if those had worked, I would have tried my best to find a different provider.
After I called him to say that his Botox injection was a fiasco he did not demonstrate the slightest hint of compassion and just barked the order to come see him again.
Did you visit with Dr.Beco yourself? Just wondering as you are in the same country.
KRISG

Post by KRISG »

Hi Ezer

Yes i saw beco and dr the bischop in France and both tought i have Pne but they were both so sympatic that i didn't knew who to pick :) :)
No seriously .. They are friendly ..I would want to have a beer with Beco .. no prob .. But surgery ???

Kris
Bicyclist / IT guy / sitting allot
Then pain -- but only when sitting--
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi KrisG,
Dr. Bautrant is avery nice and caring Gentleman.He really took care of me when I was in Aix En Provence.However,it has been almost 9 months since his surgery and I haven't seen any major improvements to my utter disappointment.Please remember tht I am not one of those patients who was unfortunately bedridden because of PNE before his surgery.

Best Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011

Return to “SURGERY”