Autoimmune disease/Fibromyalgia

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Emily B

Re: Autoimmune disease/Fibromyalgia

Post by Emily B »

*******WARNING ABOUT DR. DEBORAH METZGER*********

Dr. Deborah Metzger injured many, MANY women. She was disciplined by the Medical Board of California. Here is what the Medical Board of California Action Report of July 2005 read:

"...charged with gross negligence, incompetence, repeated negligent acts and excessive treatment in the care and treatment of six patients, prescribing without medical indication, creating false medical documents and failing to maintain adequate and accurate medical records in the care and treatment of five patients and violating advertising statutes pertaining to a Fictitious Name Permit. Revoked, stayed, placed on five years probation with terms and conditions including, but not limited to, obtaining a practice/billing monitor, prohibited from practicing surgery, specifically from practicing laparoscopy, laparotomy, and hernia repair surgery, completing a prescribing practices course and ordered to pay cost recovery of $25,000."

The medical board only goes after the worst of the worst doctors. Gross negligence. Dr. Metzger just recently completed the five year probation on her license and I fear she will once again prey on chronic pain patients like us. She is charismatic and convincing and lures in desperate patients who have chronic health problems. If you have seen her and have not been harmed, feel lucky. It was only through the efforts of the Medical Board of California and the patients who came forward that the public has been protected.

You can view the full public records of the injuries she caused to patients, overprescribed medications, falsified surgery reports, medical records, and billing and made false claims of being able to cure patients. Go to http://www.medbd.ca.gov/lookup.html. At the bottom of the page click "Continue Search". Fill in her name, Deborah Metzger. Click on Public Record Documents. Click on the items below to see the documents.

Do not become her victim.

Emily B.
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

Emily,
THANK YOU for the warning about Dr. Metzger. I had no idea!
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Emily B

Post by Emily B »

Pianogal, you are so, sooooo welcome. I'm so glad the message reached you. Dr. Metzger is frightening. Her website says she has performed over 3000 laparoscopic surgeries! Can you imagine the pain and suffering she has caused? And her website says that about 4 years ago "she decided" not to do surgeries anymore so she can focus on integrative medicine. She decided? What a lie! Her license was revoked and she COULDN'T perform surgeries. I am so happy that you found all this out in time before she hurt you, including bleeding your bank account dry. Please get a second opinion on any medical conclusions she reached about you, no matter how harmless they may seem.

Emily B.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Pianogal, Emily is not the only one who has posted a problem with this doctor. Years ago on the old forum there was a discussion of some women who had seen this doctors and were warning others on the forum. I can't remember the details -- just that they were warning people to stay away.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

I have mild Graves' Disease (hyperactive thyroid) that is also autoimmune, but has not specifically mentioned here before. However, I developed the thyroid issues about 10 years before the PN issues.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
ezer

Post by ezer »

I believe that Dr.Metzger used to diagnose occult hernias in every woman with pelvic pain. She performed many unnecessary hernia surgeries.
Karen Wiesner is one of her victims.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
pianogal

Post by pianogal »

how strange. I had found an article by her on occult inguinal hernias, gave her a call to see if she thought I had one, and instead she took me in the direction of getting lots of blood/stool tests done for other things.

well, I'm glad I've been warned. She helped me get my 3tesla letter/request sent out, my disability letter, and my testing for gluten intolerance. perhaps she's become more careful after being disciplined by the medical board. ?
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

pianogal wrote:how strange. I had found an article by her on occult inguinal hernias, gave her a call to see if she thought I had one, and instead she took me in the direction of getting lots of blood/stool tests done for other things.

well, I'm glad I've been warned. She helped me get my 3tesla letter/request sent out, my disability letter, and my testing for gluten intolerance. perhaps she's become more careful after being disciplined by the medical board. ?
She has been stripped of her surgical privileges. Now she has to find other ways to earn income that are NON-surgical. Surgery is the highest-paid of the medical specialties.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
ezer

Post by ezer »

Karen Wiesner has horror stories. She made Karen permanently worse.

Look at the following:
http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/4 ... os/Metzger
Paid thousands for surgery I didn't need and meds I also didn't need. Insurance refused to pay and review of tapes by other doctors confirmed unnecessary surgery. Do not believe her website - she is no longer performing surgery because the CA MED board susspended that right - she treats things with expensive meds to make a profit - even when patients do not need them. Very unstable woman, her nice bedside manner allows her to manipulate many.
It is depressing. We as a group are such a target for those predators. We rarely come back to complain or take action as we are just trying to get our lives back.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Faith

Post by Faith »

Just to give an update on this thread since I began it. I had a low positive ANA, but the Rheumatologist has ruled out Lupus and Sjogrens which are two autoimmune disorders that could have vulvodynia/PN type symptoms along with other muscle/joint pains I was having. She said Fbromyalgia could be a possibility, as I seem to have pain coming from the Central Nervous System. I have burning feet, cold intolerance, tension headaches, muscle/neck pain and tightness. But I don't think I truly have Fibro as I don't have the extreme fatigue and difficultly sleeping like most patients. And my "Fibro" symptoms started after my what I think is PN pain started so most likely it's a result of chronic pain. Either way it doesn't really matter. Neurontin is used to treat Fibro and PN and I'm taking Neurontin. Just wanted to give an update to this issue in case others out there are dealing with this.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”