2nd nerve block

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
blasterkeg

2nd nerve block

Post by blasterkeg »

I just had my second nerve block and this one was a lot more painful and the flare up with this one is more intense. Anybody else have this problem? Also the doctor said he might want to wait 2 months instead of one month like the last time befor doing the third. Anybody have some info about waitng the extra time? Good idea or not.
pelvic floor dysfunction
abdominal bladder and penis pain and rectal pain
pain from sitting and car rides
shocking and burning pain though bladder and penis
testicle pain
Miss diagnosed forever with "just passing a kidney stone" or "Prostate infection"
Pain all the time. Sometimes better most of the time it is not
Physical therapy did nothing to help
Current Medication Vicodin and Valium when needed
GABAPENTIN 600MG 1 a day
3 guided nerve blocks done 1 more possible
Violet M

Re: 2nd nerve block

Post by Violet M »

Blasterkeg, it's not unusual to have a temporary flareup from nerve blocks but there are a few people who have had worsening of symptoms for an indefinite period of time after blocks containing steroids. I don't remember the details of your story. Are you planning on the series of 3 required blocks and then if they fail considering surgery? We rarely hear of people getting lasting improvements from nerve blocks but most of the docs require them before surgery. If you aren't going to consider surgery, it might not be worth the risk of a 3rd block. Some people seem to have a bad reaction to the steroid. This is just my opinion based on reading reports from other patients for 7 years -- and the docs might not agree with me so take it with a grain of salt. If you are still having a flare up after a month I think it would make a lot of sense to wait a few extra weeks to see if the nerve calms down before the 3rd block.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
blasterkeg

Re: 2nd nerve block

Post by blasterkeg »

I don't think anybody around here would be willing to do the surgery. :? They are in the process of trying the nerve blocks to see if it helps any of my symptoms. I think the next step will be management though medications. There are not a lot of doctors around here that believe that nerve can not be causing my symptoms. Thanks for your input.
pelvic floor dysfunction
abdominal bladder and penis pain and rectal pain
pain from sitting and car rides
shocking and burning pain though bladder and penis
testicle pain
Miss diagnosed forever with "just passing a kidney stone" or "Prostate infection"
Pain all the time. Sometimes better most of the time it is not
Physical therapy did nothing to help
Current Medication Vicodin and Valium when needed
GABAPENTIN 600MG 1 a day
3 guided nerve blocks done 1 more possible

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”