diahrea

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
river133

diahrea

Post by river133 »

I have had the diahrea for the past several months.. I just think it is from the pn. Or maybe from the medication . Pain meds ,gabapentin, tramadol. :?: Has anyone else had this problem,,All of my pain is rectal... which irritates the pn.. would appreciate any help... I sure do not want to have a colonoscopy andi irritate it all the more...
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
Laura

Re: diahrea

Post by Laura »

I can't say I have diaherra, but sometimes I do have to go many times a day. Never had this problem before pn. Yes it definitely irritates my pudendal. :o
It's something to ask your doctor about. Most people get constipated from the drugs, but it might have the opposite effect on you.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Laura wrote: Most people get constipated from the drugs, but it might have the opposite effect on you.
Yup - I'm one of those people. The worst was with the neurontin. No solidity what so ever. Took about 3 weeks after discontinuing it to be able to pass formed stools.
Lots of love and hugs to you, Ell!
Laura wrote:I can't say I have diaherra, but sometimes I do have to go many times a day. Never had this problem before pn. Yes it definitely irritates my pudendal
I also had this problem before surgery, too, Laura. Colon/Bowel system just wasn't working properly at all. The rectal and spincter spasms were horrific, accompanied sharp pinching & stabbing. Then there were the frequent breath-taking electric shocks straight up the poop shoot. :shock:
You have my utmost sympathy and understanding. I don't miss having those symptoms at all!
Hugs, Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
bindy15

Post by bindy15 »

My PN developed following a case of campyolobacter food poisoning, the PN it began with itching and burning and progressed to the feeling of having shards of glass, throbbing and painful anal spasms . Additionally my bowel habits changed to bouts of diarrehoa and I am shamed to say some seepage. Following surgery the symptoms gradually lessened and three years down the track are very very rare. I consider myself as a 'rectal' girl also, this was where the pain was acute...other symptoms did kick in but nowhere near to the same extent. Surgery was a lifesaver for me, there is hope.
PNE from cycling. Surgery with Prof Vancaillie, Sydney Australia 2008.
Very much improved
river133

Post by river133 »

Bindy, I am so encouaged about being well one day.. Surgery was just a year ago... I have noticed my hip problems and the pain in the middle of my butt cheeks is subsiding.... This all has been a result of the surgery.... You give me so much hope... :D
Karyn my dear, I think of you often. Do you think the heel pain is connected to the surgery... I didn't think my sciatica had anything to do with it, but things have changed for the better... It must all be connected... :?: Ellie
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hello dear Ellie,
I'm so happy to hear some of your pain is improving! Yaaaaaay!!!! :D I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if your sciatica is somehow coming from your hip area. Are you still seeing the Orthopaedic MD? Any improvement with the diarrhea?
No, hon. I don't think my heel pain has anything to do with the surgery or the PN. I'm still working on trying to find out what's causing it. I've already seen a Neurologist and a Podiatrist. Got a nerve block in the left foot last week (tibial nerve in the tarsal tunnel). Podiatrist has offered surgery to release the tibial nerve but I've made an appointment with an Orthopaedic for a second opinion. I could be way off base, but I feel like the heel pain is coming from the sacral nerve roots and/or something in my legs. The battle continues ....
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
river133

Post by river133 »

Awww, I am so sorry to hear that Karyn. It is just part of your journey.. All of us here have been on the journey of our lifetime... I have had many jouneys that have been so much better than this... Good thing to remember. Sounds like you are getting some answers, hopefully they will be able to resolve your issues with that pesky heel pain... Thinking of you often... :D

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”