suicidal no more, thanks to all

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Christopher

suicidal no more, thanks to all

Post by Christopher »

Thank you to all who supported me during this difficult time. You guys are amazing. I am doing much better emotionally now.

Christopher
Last edited by Christopher on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karyn

Re: suicidal

Post by Karyn »

Chris,
Who are you currently being treated by? Pain Management? Counselor? Who is managing your medical care?
Is an inpatient facility an option for you?
Please explain what you've already tried, so we may offer suggestions.
Hang in there - there are treatments for sacrums out of alignment.
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Emily B

Post by Emily B »

Dear, Chris,

I'm so, so sorry that your pain is so bad and quality of life is so terrible.

Not many people can say to you, "I know how you feel." But so many of us here who suffer from PN pain have been in the dark place you find yourself now, including me. I have been suicidal. I sought counseling and it helped.

One of the only things that helped me from following through with suicide was that my counselor told me it's a selfish act that will hurt my loved ones and they'll have to live with it for the rest of their lives. So, you're right. Your wife would suffer if you do it.

Please, hang in there. Tell someone you trust how you're feeling and ask for support.

You are a valuable person. You may not feel like it right now because of the pain. But your wife...your family...your friends think you're valuable and love you and they want you to live.

National Suicide Prevention http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ 1-800-273-8255

Emily B.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Christopher you don't want to do this buddy, you just need to keep fighting it, don't let this beat you. And like you said, you would devastate yor wife and you don't want to do that. Just try something different, a new approach. Stretching and trigger point release therapy is helping me a lot as well as consciously forcing my compulsively tight pelvic floor muscle to relax. If you haven't tried this approach yet I would strongly recommend it. Also if you need someone to talk to you got my number. Be strong my friend.

Bobby
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4792&p=35398#p35398
Read this post, it will likely explain everything.
missyrg

Post by missyrg »

I am praying for you that God sends you some relief today.
merrie

Post by merrie »

Christopher -

We are all praying for you. You are one of gods children and would be missed so terribly by your loved ones. Please call one of the suicide prevention hotlines. They will get you through today until you can take further steps. Are you seeing a therapist / psychologist to help you through the emotional aspects of dealing with this horrible condition? They really can help. And it sounds like you really need some pain releif/control medication wise. Can you talk with your dr about this?

We are all here for you and understand your pain. Just know that you are not alone and there are many people who care greatly about you. Talk to your wife about how you are feeling if you can. I'm sure she will do everything she can to support you.

This disease is a demon and I have learned throught therapy to do my best to live my life just a day at a time. Don't let this beat you. Keep fighting one day at a time and try to focus only on the next step you can try to take to control the pain,

Merrie-
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Thank you to everyone that posted. I'm hhanging in there. Talking to my sister.

Chris
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Thanks so much for your response, Chris! As you can see, there are many people here who understand and have reached back to you.
merrie wrote:We are all here for you and understand your pain. Just know that you are not alone and there are many people who care greatly about you.
Don't let this beat you. Keep fighting one day at a time and try to focus only on the next step you can try to take to control the pain,
Emily B wrote:I'm so, so sorry that your pain is so bad and quality of life is so terrible.
Emily B wrote:You are a valuable person. You may not feel like it right now because of the pain. But your wife...your family...your friends think you're valuable and love you and they want you to live.
Bobby wrote:Christopher you don't want to do this buddy, you just need to keep fighting it, don't let this beat you. And like you said, you would devastate yor wife and you don't want to do that.
Bobby wrote: if you need someone to talk to you got my number. Be strong my friend.
Same goes with me, Friend. As I said to you this evening, I'm here.
Karyn wrote:Hang in there - there are treatments for sacrums out of alignment.
I'm so proud of you and excited for making and keeping your appointment for the 3T MRI of the lower lumber spine! You can do this! It's an opportunity to find out what's going on with you. I understand it will be painful. I too have an extremely painful, difficult time of lying down in any position. I usually cry through most MRI's. However, it's more important for me to find a cause, and therefore a treatment for cure. Please let us know how this goes for you, Chris! Doreen sends her support and best wishes, too!
Warmest of regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Quilter 2

Post by Quilter 2 »

Chris;
I agree with Emily. My father-in-law did this to his family and they still suffer, 11 years later.
Doreen
Five pudendal nerve infiltrations with good results.
Sixth Injection left me with more burning, more pain, pain in buttocks.
Botox shot didn't notice any difference
Physical Therapy - Aquatic and Myofascial
External and Internal Manual Therapy on the obturator muscle.
3T MRI with Dr. Potter
2nd opinion with Dr. Hibner in Phoenix
Loretta Robertson PT Phoenix
Decompression surgery Nov. 1, 2011
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I have said before that suicide is the most selfish act there is. But when faced with such unending paining, it becomes easier to see why some people come to it.

Question re the Pottyler software n protocols. My MRI is gong to be on a 3T machine, but one which doses not have the software in place. IF we can get this radiologist to get the software from Potter, can they view my MRIwith it after the fact? Or would I have to get it redone?

C

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”