Dr. A Lee Dellon & Annual Peripheral Nerve Conference 2012

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
AliPasha1

Dr. A Lee Dellon & Annual Peripheral Nerve Conference 2012

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hello Everybody,

Will Dr. A Lee Deelon present anything on PNE at the Annual Peripheral Conference starting on the 11th of January,2012 at Las Vegas?Since Dr. Dellon is one of the advisors on the PN board on hope,can Violet really find it out from him.I believe that a full advantage of this meeting should be taken off.

http://www.peripheralnerve.org/annualme ... agenda.pdf

Regards.
Ali
Last edited by AliPasha1 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
nyt

Re: Dr. A Lee Dellon & Peri

Post by nyt »

Thanks for posting the link to the meeting, Ali! I would love to hear the talk by Dr. Ducic on what to do about surgery on patients with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. It will be interesting to see if Dr. Dellon discusses anything about PNE. I doubt it from looking at the title of his talk but you never know. Again thanks for the heads-up.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
AliPasha1

Re: Dr. A Lee Dellon & Annual Peripheral Nerve Conference 20

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hi Nyt,

You are welcome.I was aware of the conference from Professor Oskar Aszmann since he is also presenting there.I got the link and details from Athena's mom. :D

It would be interesting to see if Dr. A Lee Dellon mentions anything about PNE at all.

By the way, how are you feeling?Have you seen any improvement from your PNE surgery with Dr. Hibner or it's the same.On the other hand ,have you seen any complications or limitations after the surgery as well.

Kind Regards,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011
Pelvis Stressly

Post by Pelvis Stressly »

I would imagine the "new and less common sites of compression and their surgical approaches" mentioned in the description of his course would likely refer to his work w. the dorsal branch specifically (as it's the only "new site of compression" that I'm aware he's currently working on)...don't quote me on that though!

In other news, I had surgery w. him almost 2 weeks ago now (neurolysis of the dorsal branch, unilaterally on the left side). I'm feeling ok, but want to let a proper amount of time pass before I reach any real conclusions re. how successful (or not) the procedure was (still have the sutures in at this point!)...I'll make a proper post-op post in a few months.

In the meantime, wishing a pain-free New Year to everybody!
PS
merrie

Post by merrie »

I agree with ps that when I read the blurb on dr dellons presentation that it struck me that he would be discussing his pn/ dorsal nerve surgery. Let's hope so!

Pelvis stressley - wishing you a fast and full recovery!!

Merrie-
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
Pelvis Stressly

Thanks merrie, appreciate the warm words :)
donstore

Post by donstore »

PS,
Adding my best wishes for a successful recovery and less pain in the new year.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

PS:

May you be blessed with a full recovery fast!

A's M
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
Pelvis Stressly

Thanks very much guys, means a lot.

Not doing great thus far to be honest (my main issue, the impeded blood flow, is actually worse so far). But I realize it's still early days (still healing from the incision)...hoping some nerve regeneration will kick in over the next few months & things will start to improve. Dr. Dellon told me the nerve was very badly encased in scar tissue, which was pinning it against the pubic ramus (he showed me the photos also...the part of the nerve that was entrapped was flat, yellow, and even had a noticeable dent in it).

Anyway, taking it one day at a time for now (what else can we do right?) How are you feeling A's M?
PaulSa

Post by PaulSa »

Pelvis Stressly wrote:Thanks very much guys, means a lot.

Not doing great thus far to be honest (my main issue, the impeded blood flow, is actually worse so far). But I realize it's still early days (still healing from the incision)...hoping some nerve regeneration will kick in over the next few months & things will start to improve. Dr. Dellon told me the nerve was very badly encased in scar tissue, which was pinning it against the pubic ramus (he showed me the photos also...the part of the nerve that was entrapped was flat, yellow, and even had a noticeable dent in it).

Anyway, taking it one day at a time for now (what else can we do right?) How are you feeling A's M?
PS,

Great news! I wish you a full and speedy recovery. I'm glad the source of your problem/pain was found and hope that Dr. Dellon was able to correct it.

Just over a month now since my surgery with Dr. Beco, I'll see if I can post something in the next little bit to give an update on my current state thus far.

Return to “SURGERY”