suicidal no more, thanks to all

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Alan

Re: suicidal

Post by Alan »

You would have to ask your radiologist....You 'are' a strong person to come this far. Can the doctor prescribe you stronger med's if needed for pain. I too, am dealing with this and have had good & bad days. But, don't give up because you don't know what changes can be brought about from the right doctor. I am also doing pelvic stretching for the pudendal nerve area. I was amazed at how effective it was. I am not cured, but feeling better. The author Dr. Wise who wrote Headache in the Pelvis, experienced pain for 22 years. His technique is helping a lot of men and women tremendously. This may help you, but as everyone has mentioned, there is a lot of help out there. If one thing doesn't work-try another. This thing sucks, but don't give up. We're with you.
Alan

Post by Alan »

You would have to ask your radiologist....You 'are' a strong person to come this far. Can the doctor prescribe you stronger med's if needed for pain. I too, am dealing with this and have had good & bad days. But, don't give up because you don't know what changes can be brought about from the right doctor. I am also doing pelvic stretching for the pudendal nerve area. I was amazed at how effective it was. I am not cured, but feeling better. The author Dr. Wise who wrote Headache in the Pelvis, experienced pain for 22 years. His technique is helping a lot of men and women tremendously. This may help you, but as everyone has mentioned, there is a lot of help out there. If one thing doesn't work-try another. This thing sucks, but don't give up. We're with you.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Alan wrote:You would have to ask your radiologist....You 'are' a strong person to come this far. Can the doctor prescribe you stronger med's if needed for pain. I too, am dealing with this and have had good & bad days. But, don't give up because you don't know what changes can be brought about from the right doctor. I am also doing pelvic stretching for the pudendal nerve area. I was amazed at how effective it was. I am not cured, but feeling better. The author Dr. Wise who wrote Headache in the Pelvis, experienced pain for 22 years. His technique is helping a lot of men and women tremendously. This may help you, but as everyone has mentioned, there is a lot of help out there. If one thing doesn't work-try another. This thing sucks, but don't give up. We're with you.
I too have been using the protocol described in this book and have been feeling a lot of improvement. Like Alan said, if one thing doesn't work, try another. Never give up.
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4792&p=35398#p35398
Read this post, it will likely explain everything.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Chris,
You need a pain management doc to help you get some distance between you and this pain that is driving you to consider such desperate measures. Don't give up. There is always something else to try but you need someone who specializes in pain reduction.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
JAT

Post by JAT »

I understand and feel your pain - in all forms. On a daily basis I wonder, "why bother?" I'm barely functioning. I'm exhausted from being "on", i.e., pretending that all is well as I've lost family (what few I had left) and friends because not only do they not understand, they just don't want to hear about what I endure on a daily basis. I have no where to go. I've racked up thousands upon thousands of dollars of medical bills, my insurance premiums (we're self-employed) skyrocketed, I feel like no one is truly listening and I'm going to be like this forever... Again, I understand. With that being said however, I'm praying that you don't end your life. It is a selfish act. I've discussed this with my husband of 37 years... I don't know where I would be today without him; I would have ended it all years ago.
Coccyx fx.'86?, kicked same spot yrs.earlier.Endo,adhesions;laparoscopy,lysis adhesions,presacral neurectomy '99-felt great for 3 months.Tarlov cyst;neurologist said go home.PT;no help.Several more laps; clean.Pain meds,muscle relaxer,xanax-helpful.Pain & countless symptoms escalating.Current:I don't have a life,can't "hang on" any longer.I know I'm asking 2 much,but searching 4 informed physician/s who take me seriously,know what they're dealing with,and hopeful subsequent relief.
acw

Post by acw »

Chris,

I believe you said you are scheduled for your MRI today. I hope that it is tolerable for you, and that it is able to give you some valuable information. It is good that you are at least focused on pursuing testing and treatment for your pain. It is a sign that you have the strength to get through this, and are still thinking rationally. Sometimes the pain can cloud our rational minds.

I know that suicide can sometimes seem like the only solution to ending pain, both physical and emotional. IT'S NOT! As I heard it put once, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

As you can see from the responses, there are a lot of people here who care about you. And I can imagine that there are many other people in your life who feel the same way. Be aware of them, and know they are there to support you. I think Emily posted this already, but again, in case you ever need it...National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255. There are many online resources, too. http://www.suicidology.org/web/guest/th ... ut-suicide

And I do think that suicide is a selfish act (although many of those who attempt/complete suicide may not see it that way). If you ever have thoughts that "the world/my family/etc would be better off without me", just attend a support group for suicide survivors left behind. It's a very eye-opening glimpse into the devastation left behind for family and friends. I know--I've been through it.

Take care,
Anita
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Christopher, how did the MRI go?

I wonder if Jerry Hesch could help you with your pelvic instability issues. There may be someone trained in your area of the country who knows his method. You could check out http://heschinstitute.org/ and they might be able to refer you to someone. I believe there have to be some answers for you -- it's just a matter of finding the right treatment.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

Get some kind of pain medication. Don't kill yourself.
Anne

Post by Anne »

Chris,
please don't kill yourself and please let us know how you are doing!
Warm regards,
Anne

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”