Dr Dellon and presurgical testing

PNMLT, EMG, SSEP, and other Nerve function testing.
The different techniques, results and opinions.
MsRivers

Dr Dellon and presurgical testing

Post by MsRivers »

How does Dr. Dellon diagnose a patient for PN/PNE? What does he require a patient have done before moving onto surgery?
PN pain post laproscopic vaginal hysterectomy. MRN diagnosed me with piriformis, sciatica, and pudendal syndromes.
Pelvis Stressly

Re: Dr Dellon and presurgical testing

Post by Pelvis Stressly »

He uses this device MsRivers (which he developed)... http://www.headtotoehealthcare.org/libr ... esting.pdf
Mulan

Post by Mulan »

I am sorry MsRivers I don't have the answer for your questions except more questions. Does he do the block before the surgery ? Does he accept Dr. Potter's MRI report ?
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
nyt

Post by nyt »

Dr. Dellon only uses the PSSD testing on men for PN as he has no normal values for females. He diagnosed me based on symptoms, his physical exam and my nerve blocks. I did send him a copy of my MRI from Dr. Potter and he was quite iimpressed.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Mulan

Post by Mulan »

nyt wrote:Dr. Dellon only uses the PSSD testing on men for PN as he has no normal values for females. He diagnosed me based on symptoms, his physical exam and my nerve blocks. I did send him a copy of my MRI from Dr. Potter and he was quite iimpressed.
Does he give the nerve block to identify the nerve ? Many thanks, M
Symptom started 10/2010,sitting pain started 02/20/11. 1st injection 3/25/11. PT started 03/29/11. 2nd injection august,2011
nyt

Post by nyt »

I had the nerve blocks several years ago by Dr. Westesson in Rochester, NY. Dr. Dellon only asked if I had any. I don't know if he will ask someone to have them. Hopefully, someone who has had surgery with him will post.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
JanetM

Post by JanetM »

I'm curious to learning more about these nerve blocks, as I'm relatively new to this community and don't know as much about them as others do. Are there certain people who specialize in these nerve blocks or does the doctor who diagnoses your PN do it? How difficult is it? It sounds like you would need to find someone with expertise in pain management to do something like this.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Janet,
Dr Marvel (pn doctor that diagnosed my pne) perfrormed unguided nerve blocks that really did not fully block my left side (my problem side ), so he sent me to a radiologist that did a CT-guided nerve block that hit it and fully blocked the nerve.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Lara

Post by Lara »

Janet,

Was that radiologist Dr Carrino?
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Lara,
It was Dr. Howard Richard at Univ of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore.
update: I was looking at some of my records and Dr Carrino reviewed and signed my MRN that I had at Johns Hopkins with the "read by" listed on the MRN as Dr Bizzell.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “NEUROLOGICAL TESTING”