Vulvar swelling

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Faith

Vulvar swelling

Post by Faith »

I know we have discussed a lot on HOPE about varicosities and whether they affect or cause PN(E), but I was wondering if anyone suffers from vulvar swelling. This is actually how my pain began with vulvar swelling in pregnancy and vulvodynia. Doctors thought it would all go away post childbirth. The swelling did improve a lot, but I still get swelling from time to time. I think it may be moreso related to my menstrual cycle or perhaps intercourse. Dr. Hibner had questioned pelvic congestion syndrome with me, but thought it was unlikely. Anyone else have vulvar swelling?
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
A's Mommy

Re: Vulvar swelling

Post by A's Mommy »

Faith,

I have varicosities that were supposedly embolized during an Aug 2010 procedure. Coils were put into my ovarian veins. Aszmann found a lot of varicose veins and presumably removed them. I do not have vulvar swelling, but feel pain as if there is swelling.

Another theory of mine is that RSD/CRPS can cause swelling near the site of the injury.

Are you going for the stim trial?

Warm hugs,
A's Mommy
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
Faith

Post by Faith »

A's Mommy wrote:Are you going for the stim trial?
No, not yet. I am trying a few other treatment options first and getting a Potter MRI in May. I may still have surgery before I try a stimulator. Just trying to take it one day at a time.

It's interesting they did an embolization since you didn't have any vulvar swelling. With varicosities I thought you always had swelling.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
mary jane

Post by mary jane »

my problems started with vulvar swelling. This was my first symptom. mine was caused by problems with the bartholin gland.
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety
shesingsjazz

Post by shesingsjazz »

The only time I get vulvar swelling is when I use estradiol topically on the vulvar area. My tissues will swell up to 2-3 times their size and the burning that I normally have goes through the roof! I think that the peripheral nerves of the vulvar area are already in so much pain, adding the swelling of the tissues just makes the burning pain so much worse.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

she singsjazz

have you tried Estriol in a cream on the vulva ? it is weaker that estradiol - also the fillers in these creams can irritate as well.

Rosemary X

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”