CT guided nerve blocks

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Violet M

Re: CT guided nerve blocks

Post by Violet M »

Len, that's what I have read and heard also --that there is some radiation risk from CT scans. Pudendal nerve blocks can be given at the ischial spine using fluoroscopy but not into Alcock's canal. Some docs use ultrasound which is ideal because there's no radiation involved but I don't know if anyone in Israel does.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Len

Post by Len »

Thank you Violet.
MNMom

Post by MNMom »

My cousin is a neurologist who went to Duke Med School. She recommended the nerve blocks (with Antolak) and also has been in touch with several urologists she knew in school who routinely send their patients to Antolak with great long-term results. My orthopedic also has several patients who have had great success with the blocks.

Maybe most registered users on this forum have exhausted these efforts and/or have long-term pain. I believe many people are getting help from the blocks and don't feel the need to search further, hence we don't see their stories on this site. I certainly wish I was one of them, I have had only a little relief from the blocks.

I do not believe these blocks are something to be overly concerned about. It would be a shame if some of these comments were to scare anyone off who is considering them.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”