has anyone been cured by pt?

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
fysiopysio

has anyone been cured by pt?

Post by fysiopysio »

Hi!
Im having PN-symptoms, and since Im young, 21 years old, an have not been injured somehow, and has earlier had spasms in anusmuscles, I'm thinking, and hoping my problem is muscular... Do anyone know if someone have been cured from PT-sessions? If the problem is muscular, and not mechanical, it has to help?
Violet M

Re: has anyone been cured by pt?

Post by Violet M »

I've heard of some people getting significantly better from PT -- you should know within 6-12 sessions whether it's helping you improve or not.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
pomegranate

Post by pomegranate »

I'm not cured, but I got quite a bit better with PT as part of my treatment. I'm pretty functional, although I do have daily pain at manageable levels and do have limitations. Better than I was!

Lauren
2008: mild pelvic pain and PFD began
2009: true PN/PFD pain, two PN blocks, normal PNMLT
2010: PT and conservative management with moderate improvement in PN/PFD symptoms
2011: surgery for extensive endometriosis; arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (right hip)
2012: C-section delivery of first child
2014: arthroscopic hip surgery to repair labral tear and FAI (left hip); C-section delivery of second child
Ongoing physical therapy since 2010 for both pelvic floor and hips.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I do think that if the problem is not mechanical, you do stand a much better chance of physio improving and/or curing your pain. It could also give you good techniques to use if any pain flairs in the future.
Hope it helps you.
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
depueman

Post by depueman »

I was cured by Pudendal nerve entrapment from an uncomfortable bike seat from long distance bike riding. It was a PT in the suburbs of Chicago who did extensive manipulation and who also gave me certain stretching exercises.
White Falcon

Post by White Falcon »

From the studies I've read, I get the impression that the younger a person is, the better their chances of having a totally pain-free result. So your young age is kind of a good thing! :)

There are some books about PT for pelvic pain, and the authors claim to cure/help many people: Amy Stein has a clinic in New York city, and Dr. Wise is in California, to name the main two.

Amy Stein starts her book with these words:
No matter how much it hurts, no matter how long you've suffered, no matter how many different pills you've taken or treatments you've undergone, the programs in this book can help alleviate your pain or disorder and start the healing.
I sure hope it helps you. You will definitely need to find someone who knows what he/she is doing. It's not a standard area that all PT's are prepared to treat. It's certainly worth a try. Even if it doesn't help everybody, the most important thing is that it helps you. And you won't know that until you try.
Provoked pain with intercourse 1980-2008
Intermittent flare-up beg. March 2008
Constant pain since Sept. 2009
CT guided nerve block Apr 2010 (made pain much worse)
Hysterectomy July 2010
Other issues: fibromyalgia, migraines, Lyme, gastritis, MCS
Laurina

Post by Laurina »

My pelvic floor physiotherapy has greatly relieved my symptoms (along with medication). For anal sphincter spasms, my PT found that dry needling these muscles is what provided me the best relief, and I was able to be butt pain-free longer with that treatment. At the beginning, I required it more often, now seldom.
Bathsheba

Post by Bathsheba »

FWIW, my PT told me about four hours ago that after 4 months with no improvement, there was no use continuing PT. She has a PhD in PT and specializes in pelvic roblems. She said that she had seen a few people with severe PN symptoms like me, but had not been able to help any of them.

She said that if the pain is not caused by a muscle spasm, or tendon ligament tightness, there was nothing she as a PT could do. I appreciate the honesty.

She also said that it was important for the PT to start ASAP after the injury. That didn't happen in my case as my neurologist said the pain would just "go away" after 6 months bed rest.
Botched blowing up of bladder July/2011
Was on Lyrica 800+ Mg./day for over 2 years
Bad fall due to Lyrica dizziness, seizure
Due to low blood sugar, side effect of Lyrica
Now on gabapentin, OxyContin, tramadol
Looking for pain pump, has to be local
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Bathsheba,

Sorry about the setback. What's your next step?
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”