Has anyone been cured and if so how?

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
PNSucks

Has anyone been cured and if so how?

Post by PNSucks »

Has anyone been completely cured and if so, HOW?????????????
nyt

Re: Has anyone been cured and if so how?

Post by nyt »

I am not cured but my pelvic floor PT told me she recently had one of her patients that was cured after a pudendal block, several that were cured after several months of PT and several that have improved enough with PT and lifestyle changes that they don't want surgery. My pelvic floor PT also has patients that are not cured from PT nor from pudendal surgery. It is nice to know that there are patients out there do get cured. I know when she was telling me about all these patients she has treated and they left cured after a period of time and then she looked at me and said she felt bad telling me all these stories when I have all these problems from the waist down. I told I'm so happy to hear of other patient's recovers and happy for them. It is nice to know that some patients do get better gives me hope.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
PNSucks

Post by PNSucks »

Who is your Pt. I noticed you saw Dr Howard. What are your thoughts on him? Can he decipher between IC and PN?
Forest

Post by Forest »

Hello,

I was googling about the TMS Wiki's program and stumbled upon this post. I do some IT stuff for the wiki and recovered using the TMS approach. I don't have any PN problems, but if people have any questions about Dr. Sarno's approach I would be happy to answer. I know that different things work for different people, and I am more than happy to respect where you guys are coming from. I had severe chronic pain for over 16 years. It started out in my hands, moved to my arms, shoulders, and neck and finally affected my legs and knees. I couldn't walk more than a couple blocks, couldn't type more than a couple sentences and had to change pretty much every aspect of my life. It affected which jobs I could take, as I had to use voice-recognition software, and I became increasingly depressed with my overall situation. It is very frustrating and disheartening to be in chronic pain for so long. I was afraid of my symptoms constantly.

When I first heard about TMS I pretty much just brushed it off as nonsense, but a friend of mine pretty much forced me to read a whole bunch of success stories of how people recovered. I kept reading these stories by normal people who's situation was exactly like mine. I definitely saw myself in so much of what they were saying about the people-pleasing and the perfectionist personality. I gave the approach a try and stopped being afraid of my symptoms and started to live my life again. After a while, my symptoms faded and now I am completely pain free and have been for about four years. For more read my entire story.

This approach may not work for everyone, and I don't think that everything is TMS. But it may be worth a try for some people.

I know that bringing up alternative approaches can be divisive, but that is not my intent. I'm merely offering to share my own experiences with TMS and will be willing to answer any questions people may have about it in a civil manner. If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask.
PNSucks

Post by PNSucks »

What is TMS? I am in Pa, who could direct me to anyone who may know of this. Thank you.
Lara

Post by Lara »

PNSucks wrote:What is TMS? I am in Pa, who could direct me to anyone who may know of this. Thank you.

PNSucks,
First of all ,you have to change your nick to something more positive =)

http://www.tmshelp.com/links.htm

Good Luck!!!

You are stronger than you think!

Lara.
Forest

Post by Forest »

PNSucks wrote:What is TMS? I am in Pa, who could direct me to anyone who may know of this. Thank you.
TMS stands for Tension Myositis Syndrome and was first developed by a pain doctor named John Sarno. If you really want to get a good understanding of it I would recommend reading one of his books, especially Mindbody Prescription. I think I saw another thread here that gets into what it is, but in short Sarno's ideas are that most chronic pain symptoms are created and caused not by a structural problem but instead by emotional issues such as stress and anxiety.

In my own case I was able to overcome 16 years of severe chronic pain by using the TMS approach. While I didn't have pelvic pain, I did have a lot of other severe symptoms. I had really bad arm pain (diagnosed as Fibromyalgia), shoulder pain, and leg pain. This pain was not all in my head. It was real and very debilitating. Now I am completely pain free and have absolutely zero limitations. All I really did was educate myself about TMS and read a whole bunch of success stories (there are quite a few of these online). Once I began to think psychologically about my symptoms and and figuring out how my emotions related to my symptoms my pain simply faded away. The best part was that I no longer lived in fear of my pain.

I know that everyone is different, but the approach worked great for me and may be helpful to other people.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”