PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
austrian-girl24

Re: PGAD - persistent genital arousal disorder

Post by austrian-girl24 »

hi violet,

I still do not hurt, only the constant excitation. do you know that women who helped nerve block?

and how it was with you? The excitation was also aggravated by the nerve block? and how long did the pain on?

I think I know the trigger for the current pGAD-attack, I was running a day earlier and I was totally overworked, the next day I felt the excitation and my restless legs have been a lot worse ...

methods which have helped you all the best?

when the nerve-numbed with local anesthetic, would be felt but not you? except pGAD has the cause of sleeping areas other place ...

like your opinion on this?

I am grateful for each rat

Greetings from Austria, crystalline
austrian-girl24

sorry for my english
i mean when the nerve is numbed with local anesthetic to NOT normally you can feel something (arousal)

except the cause is in another location in the body

what is your opinion about it?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Crystalline,

Local anesthetics did not help before surgery. Nerve block did not help before surgery -- it aggravated for about 1 month.

A drug called lexapro helped before surgery and ice was good.

I'm sorry, I don't understand all of your questions.

Violet M
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Laurina

Post by Laurina »

Hi Crystalline,
I had great results with unguided nerve blocks to the pudendal and sacral nerves (done by a urogynecologist). This doctor was good at finding the exact areas where she needed to inject; also by doing the sacral nerves first, it helped me relax as she prepared to do the pudendal nerve blocks.
I had a series of 3 sets of these blocks at two-month intervals, in conjunction with taking Lyrica and applying xylocaine ointment after every urination. My doctor said that the effects of nerve blocks could last two hours, two days or two weeks. I was fortunate as with me, the effects lasted for two months. I am now 85% better from PGAD and vulvodynia which started also as a result of the pudendal neuralgia.
I want to add that after the first series of nerve blocks, I kept going to a pelvic floor physiotherapist and she could not believe my progress. Now, I basically just go for maintenance visits.
Best of luck as you try to find what works for you.
austrian-girl24

hi at all,

at friday i had my first nerve-block by an urologist.it helps great,but only for one day.
now 2 days after the block my Pgad is much worse. i dont know if the block make it worse....

at next month my doctor will try an another local anästhetic,that helps for a longer time,he says.and then maybe he will try Botox. but i am afraid of botox. i heard not good news about it.

since 2 weeks now i took escitalopram,10 days 5mg and now 10mg. at this time i feel no effect.

i dont know how many pills (strenght) i must take that they help,violet how many pills do you take or what strenght??

now i am confused. i dont know if the nerv block makes my Pgad worse.so i am afraid of the next one.

has anyone a tip?

thanks a lot
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

It is not unusual to be worse for a few weeks after nerve blocks, especially if they used a steroid. So don't worry too much because it will probably calm down soon.

I would not do very many nerve blocks though because sometimes (rarely) they make people worse long-term.

I took 10 mg of lexapro. It doesn't help everyone. Maybe try tramadol -- Calluna said it helps her. Some people say lyrica helps.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
DoubleEdgedSword

Post by DoubleEdgedSword »

It's been just over a year now for me having non-stop PGAD.. A small birthday party was held last week in my home, cake and ice cream were served.. I ate most of it.. :lol:

Honestly, this is a long time to be aroused.. Just went through another pain cycle for several days.. I'm just thankful that it didn't last a week like they usually do. I know now the benefits of a slushy water bottle.. ;) I was going to make slushy condoms too, but hubby threw out the toilet rolls I'd saved to freeze them in..

Next week I hope to find time to go downtown to drop off my patient intake forms to the Wasser Pain Management Clinic.. This time I'll make sure somebody has them in their hot little hands instead of trusting the postal system. I've got no way of knowing if they received the first set.. :( I hope to play the sympathy card and they'll take the date on them into consideration.. *sigh* If they could only feel my pain, I'd have an appointment by now..
On the road of discovery to see what is causing my PGAD.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

We really should be given some insight that saintly patience was very necessary with PN as well as a mental and financial health warning!!
Personally I model myself on Joan of Ark as in, 'Lawks a Lordy my bottom's on fire'. :lol:
Perhaps the depression element completes the misery so that we can sink into the lethargy plethora pit and don't notice the t i m e p........a......s..........s.......... i............ n.................. g with no one taking a blind bit of NOTICE!
ooo seem to have SHOUTED!
Sorry you have had this problem DES. If it's any consolation 'They' are driving(have driven ;) ) me crazy too. . . . . .a whole host of 'them' in my case. Every day I think this will be the day I get those important promised letters and some positive progress. . . . .but no.
Although the postie hasn't come yet. . . . . maybe today.
Hope you can get this sorted out soon.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

DoubleEdgedSword wrote:( I hope to play the sympathy card and they'll take the date on them into consideration.. *sigh* If they could only feel my pain, I'd have an appointment by now..
DES, I hope the sympathy card works. It's hard to get people to listen when they have no concept of what it feels like to have this dreadful problem.

That's a nifty plan -- freezing condoms in toilet rolls. I never tried that but if I need one again I will remember it. :lol: What's your recipe for the slush? You may have already listed it way back in this thread somewhere but in case someone new is coming here it would be nice to know again.
calluna

Post by calluna »

I too hope that the 'sympathy card' works.

I do feel for you, it is so difficult waiting and waiting and waiting - someone says, I'll call you back! - so we wait politely, not wanting to make a fuss. And nothing happens, no letter, no phone call. Begin to think that the letter has got lost, the phone call has happened whilst I've been out and rather than leave a message they've gone on to the next person on the list .......

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”