Sensitive skin when seated

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Buschy

Sensitive skin when seated

Post by Buschy »

I've noticed that over the past few months the skin around my ischial tuberosities and the section of my upper legs just below this is becoming tighter and more sensitive when I am seated. Almost like skin is loosing its elasticity. Could this be associated with my PN? I'm not 100% sure but I think it started getting worse after the nerve block I had last September. Skin on the inside of my left thigh also tight and has the sensation being somewhat 'rubbery'. Skin doesn't appear to look any different, and it doesn't feel any different to touch, just has these sensations when seated.
September 2011 - Visited Dr. Thierry Vancaillie in Sydney. Pain caused by the palpating during examination strongly suggested PN. Nerve block performed. Perhaps slight relief initially after procedure but no ongoing relief. Panadol Osteo, Magnesium, Endep 10.
sam

Re: Sensitive skin when seated

Post by sam »

If you have pain sitting that could be a strong indication of PN, please avoid sitting and seek some treatment for PN as soon as possible. I have myself wasted a lot of time diagnosing my condition and waiting meaninglessly for the pain to subside. This is a progressive condition and gets worse. So the sooner the better.
Faith

Post by Faith »

I have a lot of pain (burning) when sitting around my ischial tuberosities and after I had botox 6 months ago I started having more burning into my upper hamstring (where it connects to the ischial tuberosity). This could be coming from the posterior femoral cutaneous nerve. Does it mean this nerve is entrapped, not necessarily. It could be coming from nerve cross-talk b/w the PN and PFCN. Also it could just be from hypertonicity of the pelvic floor or sacroiliac joint dyfunction. If the pelvis (ilium or sacrum) are in an abnormal tilt/rotation then it could cause a pull on the hamstrings. My hamstrings are so tight they feel like metal rods in my legs. Sitting puts a lot of stress on the pelvis so it intensifies this tightness and I think clamps down on the nerves. Do you do PT? Therapeutic ultasound might help some in this area.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
PaulSa

Post by PaulSa »

When my condition started just over 4 years ago it started with a sensation of a rash (hot) over both sitz bones, so I don't think it is uncommon.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”