I CAN! YOU CAN! WE CAN!

Here is an area to discuss and relate to Spiritual matters....share a thought, happy moment, cry on a shoulder, offer some faith to those in need. This area will not be viewable to non registered users.
pianogal

I CAN! YOU CAN! WE CAN!

Post by pianogal »

I think sometimes we come to this forum and although it is comforting to have friends like us, we are so buried in what we can't do...

so let's take a moment to remember what WE CAN still do.
I had an unlucky year where everything got worse, and I longed for just my pudendal pains back. Yes, that's right. I was happy when it was just pudendal pain and not all the other extras on top.
Now I'm grateful that...
I CAN STAND!
I CAN LAY ON MY BELLY AND FEEL PEACE!
I CAN WATCH TV!!!
I CAN EAT AND ENJOY FOOD! (sometimes too much)
I CAN MODIFY MY SURROUNDINGS AND GET OUT PLACES from time to time.
I CAN LOVE MY DAUGHTER AND ENJOY TIME AT HOME WITH MY HUSBAND!

To all of you in pain....
WE CAN KEEP SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS.
WE CAN GET THROUGH ANOTHER DAY.
WE CAN HAVE SOMETHING FAIL, WE CAN SURVIVE NOT HAVING AN ANSWER, WE CAN STILL FIND JOY IN PARTS OF LIFE WHILE OTHER PARTS ARE BROKEN.
WE CAN PRAY TO JESUS. HE HEARS US ALL THE TIME. HE HAS A PLAN AND HE'S NOT MEAN... even though sometimes it feels that way when you've got this.

I CAN DO SO MUCH.
I AM NOT STARVING.
I AM NOT HOMELESS.
I AM NOT UNLOVED.
I AM NOT .... ok... your turn!

Watch this... it will make you happy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg
-straddle fall age 4-7 w/bleeding labia, tampons hurt in teens, papsmere started annoying pelvic 'tingling' & pne in 02
-obturator surgery w/ Filler in 05 (useless, created sciatic & plantar fascitis pain)
-TIR surgery w/ Bautrant in 08 and vestibulectomy in 08 in France (vest. removed pain w/intercourse, pain w/sitting increased post surgery)
-chronic fatigue & food allergies/migraines (gluten, milk) from pain meds in 08
-want a life back. I'm 34 w/8+ years of pain
Violet M

Re: I CAN! YOU CAN! WE CAN!

Post by Violet M »

Very cute -- you have to watch the 15 years later video too..... :lol: :lol:
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
KRISG

Post by KRISG »

Yes indeed,very nice clips , I don't know which one I like better :lol: :lol:

Kris
Bicyclist / IT guy / sitting allot
Then pain -- but only when sitting--
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!
A's Mommy

Post by A's Mommy »

I <3 pianogal :-)
Daughter grew completely on left side of pelvis
Multiple uterine surgeries to fix uterine adhesions, septum, and endo
Had all the conservative workups done, 3Tesla (Potter), recovering from L sided TG (Hibner) 11/10, Botox 6/11 failed, bilateral anterior PNE decompression (distal Alcock's/perineal branch), Aszmann, Vienna, 10/11; dx'd with CRPS Type 2, 12/11, Ketamine @ CCF 2/12, doing 75% better PRAISE JESUS!
http://fighting-pne.blogspot.com
http://www.thepelvicmessenger.org
kat

Post by kat »

I can forgive myself for changing my life goals.
I can forgive others for judging what they don't understand.
I can forgive myself when I don't understand.
I can share my story to help others.
I can listen to others and support their lives.
I can love with all my heart and soul.

I can, I will, I do.

Loves
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
julieh

Post by julieh »

How fitting your post and attitude is during this Thanksgiving season.

I can use the time I spend on my back instead of sitting to relax for reading, to learn something new, to go on an adventure without the travel, and temporary forget my pain.

I can give of myself to others with kind words, a smile, a hug, or post a thought provoking or humorous facebook status to spread my cheer towards many.

I can become even more sympathetic, compassionate, and merciful towards others who might be having greater pain then mine.

I can believe and hold on to the scripture that says "I can do all things thru him who gives me strength" because this scripture assures me that I am not alone and God will help me get thru the dark, painful, or lonely times.

I can look thru old photo albums and laugh, or cry at the wonderful memories I have lived and created with many others.

I can talk, stand, lay down, and walk around, others may be lie in a care facility and have to be turned every couple of hours.

I can dream and pretend that I'm bike riding again, or sitting at a desk job and dreaming is free and easy!

I can remember no matter how much I wish I was still able to do, that there is so much more that I can still do.

I can carry on this attitude and it will grow me into a better, more patient, more loving, person.
PN & SI joint dsyfunction since Aug. 2006.
3 Ischial Spine Injections & 9 mths pelvic floor therapy & PT, 2007-2009
1 Alcock canal PN Injt.- Dr. Antolak -MN in 2009
2 sacral neuro-stimulators - May 2010 - improved bladder/bowel issues
valium for spasms
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I just wanted to bring up this great thread so that others can contribute their Can Do's.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Pianogal
Great Post!
Thx for posting these good thoughts.

I sure need to remember what I CAN do also.
Like you I can do most of those things.... most of the time. My pain goes up sometimes from doing them, but its well worth it..

Its been a rough few years, and my faith in Jesus has been really been tested. I wonder all the time if HE wants me to get well.
I know that my kids deserve a Mom who is whole and there for them. I know Jesus wants that, so I hang on to that thought.

Before this illness, I had a blessed life..Almost every time anything was wrong, God always stepped in and made things alright.
Now I feel sorry that I didn't appreciate it enough.

In my heart of hearts I still believe He will again, this time if hang in there and learn to stop being so afraid.

Then I see some of these "dark stories" that are posted with relation to PN and it scares me so much.
Unfortunately if we go on the boards in search of info that can help us, and friendship to support us..
we also sometimes encounter the dark and scary info.. I really wish people wouldn't post such things. Its the last thing anyone in pain
needs to see.

THANK You for reminding us about the good things that we can do! It bears reminding.

I sometimes wish i had quit searching for answers a few years ago, when my issues were only bladder urge and frequency... so simple!
If I hadn't had so many treatments, to address the bladder issues, maybe I would not have PN issues, but who knows!

Thx again for a great post!
Kathy

Return to “SPIRITUAL AREA”