saying hello. Gold Coast newbie

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
gcman

saying hello. Gold Coast newbie

Post by gcman »

Just thought I'd say hello to all. I'm a 64yo male on the Gold Coast and my symptoms started with a "stinging/burning" anal pain. I am told I have weak pelvic floor muscles and the stretching is causing nerve pain and it has been wrecking my once normal life. Am starting Endep med and physio--(not Peter Dornan, just found out about him from this site). I have a feeling I'm starting on a long journey after reading this forum and getting myself back to normal may not come easily if it comes at all. I don't have any other symptoms, just the anal pain which gets worse throughout the day eventually stopping me functioning. I usually have a pain free window after I get up until I visit the loo then the cycle starts again. Sound about right to some of you or am I unique.
Of course suggestions and comments welcome as I'm a newcomer to the wonderful world of the PN.
Violet M

Re: saying hello. Gold Coast newbie

Post by Violet M »

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will have good luck with endep and physio and not need to pursue any further treatments -- and this will be a short journey for you! Let us know how it goes for you.

Violet M
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
gcman

Post by gcman »

Thanks Violet. Altho' I sit around feeling sorry for myself I guess I am not too badly off compared with other nightmare stories I see on the PN forums. Always someone else worse off etc. altho' tales of anyone fully getting back to 100% normal seem pretty rare. Comforting to know I'm part of a community and not on my pat malone (that'll confuse international browsers)
I'll post on my progress. Anyone else on the Gold Coast?
gcman
bindy15

Post by bindy15 »

Hi there from NZ
Your symptoms are just like mine...anal pain the primary concern and bowels motions setting the day off with a bang ! Reading your post was so familiar, I am 5 years post op via Vancaillie in Sydney. I know it is a very long journey, take one day at a time and remember there are people like me out here. My anal pain is now 95% gone, I sit, I play golf and I walk long distances. Mine was clearly an entrapment caused by cycling and freeing the nerve has made the difference for me. Nothing will happen overnight but persevere, I would say first stop Peter Dornan to check the pelvic floor, small steps but be proactive.
All the best
J
PNE from cycling. Surgery with Prof Vancaillie, Sydney Australia 2008.
Very much improved
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi there,
Glad you found hope. You will find a huge amount of good info on the home pages gcman. As Violet said, hopefully conservative treatments will be enough for your problem, fingers crossed anyway.
Take care
Helen,
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
gcman

Post by gcman »

Thanks for all the replies and encouragement. Things have changed since I first posted. I am now seeing Peter Dornan, getting manipulation and doing home exercises for almost 4 weeks now. I am improving and hopefully this will continue. For the 1st time I feel I'm getting help from someone who can identify the cause ( PN due to immobile part of the SI joint) and knows how to treat it. Peter got a big spread in the Sat. colour mag. in the Brisbane Courier Mail newspaper recently so he is likely to get an increase in patients.
I think there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
gcman

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”