ABC Australia. Catalyst Doc. Featuring Prof. Vancaillie

Dr Thierry Vancaillie
catherine a

ABC Australia. Catalyst Doc. Featuring Prof. Vancaillie

Post by catherine a »

2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
ness70

Re: ABC Australia. Catalyst Doc. Featuring Prof. Vancaillie

Post by ness70 »

catherine
thanks so much for ringing me- we just watched it on iview!
Great to hear the word 'pudendal nerve' mentioned....maybe this will lead to a programme just on PNE!
Interesting that he does so many stimulators -claiming 70% success. Good that BOTOX still used/mentioned
They pronounced his name a different way didn't they?
anyway take care and speak soon xx
Vanessa
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Thanks Catherine,
There was such a lot more to say from our point of view but I'm glad that part of the problem is being aired.
But then If there was a program about say,
depression, we could be part of it.
pain. . . . . . " " " " " "
embarrassing symptoms " " " "
sex . . . . . . . " " " " " " Oh we were :) It would be perhaps better if PN could be approached and mainstreamed from a purely medical point of view but if this works and publicizes the problem, great! It was a sympathetic report, is this something that will be seen by a good sized audience?
take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

I'm hoping to get an answer from the producers of this programme re; a follow up episode on PN.

Yes Helen, this particular programme has a very wide audience in Australia. It's just so good to see 'something' on Pudendal nerve pain being aired to the public. It's a start. Hopefully we'll hear more about it in the near future.
Surgery was not discussed as it's a very last resort method of treatment. Probably another story would have to be run on that one. I've expressed my interest to the producers to run an episode which includes more information on PN.

Catherine
2004 PNE following vag. hysterectomy and A & P repair. 2007 TIR surgery France. severe entrapment at Alcocks canal & SS ligaments . Have my life back. 90% cured.No longer have medical appts.or physio.Some pain remains but is tolerable. 2012 Flew from Australia to the UK without pain flare. Very manageable. Almost back to normal. Now hold support group meetings at KEMH Subiaco Perth WA. Every 2nd Sat. of the month. Still pace my activities. PN doesn't dominate any more.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Informative, but how can that woman ride a horse with a pn
problem? :roll:
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

catherine a wrote:I'm hoping to get an answer from the producers of this programme re; a follow up episode on PN.

Yes Helen, this particular programme has a very wide audience in Australia. It's just so good to see 'something' on Pudendal nerve pain being aired to the public. It's a start. Hopefully we'll hear more about it in the near future.
Surgery was not discussed as it's a very last resort method of treatment. Probably another story would have to be run on that one. I've expressed my interest to the producers to run an episode which includes more information on PN.

Catherine
That's fantastic Catherine. I have always thought that our problems would make for a good program/article and both preferably. With your sterling efforts this seems much more likely.
Well done,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
catherine a

Post by catherine a »

Laura, I think the woman's PN problem started after she fell from a horse.

Catherine

Return to “AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND”