PRF

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
carolynm

PRF

Post by carolynm »

I"m doing it in May.. I wonder why more people haven't tried this approach to the pain????

cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
Lernica

Re: PRF

Post by Lernica »

What is it?
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
JeanieC

Post by JeanieC »

PRF must be pulsed radiofrequency. Will you please let us know how this turns out, Carolynm? Also where you are having it done, as the pain doctors where I live do not know about PRF of the pudendal. I'm sure this must be one reason not many people mention it, also I think it may be experimental and not covered by insurance.

Lernica, this is also known as pulsed radiofrequency ablation and is commonly done on bigger nerves like the sciatic. There are a few threads about it on the forum. It involves heating the nerve. PnSuffer-VT's wife is doing a research study on it's use on the PN and it would be nice hear how this is going.
Diagnosed with left side PN by Dr Renney, March 2010, after over 2 years of searching for help
Left TG Surgery, Dr Ansell, August 2010, failed to relieve pain
BillieF

Post by BillieF »

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with PRF. Where are you going for the treatment?

Billie
Avid tennis player and bicyclist, at one time a runner. Have worked out with weights. Currently coaching tennis. Onset PNE - 1996. Surgery with Dr Robert in Nantes - 2003. Little if any relief from surgery. Perhaps due to number of years of entrapment. Have tried every type of pain med available. Either can't tolerate or they work for a while and then quit working. Currently trying Nucynta and Oxycodone.
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Www.denverpainmanagement.com

There is a testimonial on their website about PN.

Cm
No meds work for me
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Good luck Cari. I hope it works for you, everything crossed.
H x
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
BillieF

Post by BillieF »

Cari...When is your PRF appt??
Avid tennis player and bicyclist, at one time a runner. Have worked out with weights. Currently coaching tennis. Onset PNE - 1996. Surgery with Dr Robert in Nantes - 2003. Little if any relief from surgery. Perhaps due to number of years of entrapment. Have tried every type of pain med available. Either can't tolerate or they work for a while and then quit working. Currently trying Nucynta and Oxycodone.
Anne

Post by Anne »

I would be interested to hear about experiences with this treatment option.
Cari, how are you doing after that procedure?
Kind regards,
Anne
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

I've had a positive experience. My rectal and sacral pain are gone completely. Hin the evenings if I have sat too much during the day I have deep left pelvic pain (in the place I'm entrapped, at the SSL) which is generally 5/10.

I will definitely repeat the procedure if t hose other symptoms return. I think it was crucial for the PM to prf both the pudendal and the sacral nerve roots at S2-4.

Cari
No meds work for me
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

Cari.. How many office visits did it take and how much did it cost. Thanks.....

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”