Nucynta

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
angiemcs

Nucynta

Post by angiemcs »

Pain Doctor is very enthusiastic about this new opiate, a short term version out now with er coming out soon. Would love to know if anyone has ha experience with this . I would be starting off with Savella, then taking the next drug. Thanks!
missyrg

Re: Nucynta

Post by missyrg »

Yes I take it. The dr started me on a low dose but did not help. Then I changed dr for other reasons and he put me it but up the dosage to the max. It will work if you take it regular. I ran out for a day and when I finally got some med it took a few days to bring the pain level down. The dr says it good for nerve damage.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi everyone,
I take Nucynta for my severe sit bone and perineal pain, but it does nothing...I may not be taking enough however..
It does not have the side effects that I have found with other meds, so I am hoping that going up may help me to be able to sit..Anyone know what a good therapeutic dose is daily? I have taken up to about 275 or 300mg but haven't really established a schedule..mine are 50mg...the doctor has not given guidelines just said to go up but not to exceed 600mg
Pls respond if this med has been helpful in your ability to sit.
I am pretty desperate to find a med that works I can't even sit long enought to eat a meal!
You can PM if like or respond here
Thx so much! and best wishess
Kathy
calluna

Post by calluna »

A good therapeutic dose is whatever you need it to be, up to the maximum allowed each day. We all have different levels of pain, and we all respond differently to the drugs.

Here is a dosing guide - really your doctor should have talked you through all this. I hope this helps.

It is a pretty new drug - last time I checked, it wasn't available yet over here in the UK - so there aren't going to be a large number of people on here with experience of it, yet. But I hear lots of good things about it, and I hope that it helps you.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Hi Calluna,
Thx so much I will check out the guide.
Unfortunately my doc didn't give me the guidance I would like, just told me to titrate up carefullly.
I will check out the guide.
I don't think too many people in the Us are using it yet either, as I haven't heard much about it on the pelvc pain boards.
As you said we all respond diffenrently,
Thanks again,
Kathy
calluna

Post by calluna »

Please let us know how it goes, Kathy.

I'm very interested - if I am not a candidate for surgery then I shall be looking at other options for some long term help and tapentadol (that's Nucynta - it is called Palexia over here in the UK) is definitely on my list of meds that are definitely worth a shot.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Thx Calluna,
I have been using Nucytna for quite some time, but as mentioned I haven't adhered to a proper schedule ( i am always afraid of putting too much in my system and later having to "withdraw" from something that didn't help--(hate putting all this junk in mt body --when the docs have no idea if it will help)

I will try to establish a set schedule using the quidelines on the dosing guide and see.

If anyone knows if this med (Nucynta) or any combo allows them to sit on perineum and sit bones and tolerate it even for a little (like short drive to the store -- eating a meak etc) pls let me know. RIght now evne cushions don't help

I know we all react differently have are at differnet points in our issues..Tho my goal is to find a permanent solution, meanwhile short term relief, so I can get out of the house would be
heaven!

Calluna I wish you the best and I'll keep you posted
regards,
Kathy

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”