bilaterl pudendal block with Dr quesada

Published Reports and Medical Information
Useful links to PN related articles.
AroraNightfire

bilaterl pudendal block with Dr quesada

Post by AroraNightfire »

I'm about to have a pudendal block done with quesada, done to the ischial spine. I'm tryimg not to think of the s1s2 block I had last summer. I hope this will work and won't cause pain.
Violet M

Re: bilaterl pudendal block with Dr quesada

Post by Violet M »

I hope your block goes well. ;) Did you have increased pain with your spinal block last summer?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
AroraNightfire

Post by AroraNightfire »

Yes the s1s2 block that Dr Valovska did last summer was reallt painful since it was in the spine. Dr Quesadas block wasn't as painful since it was in the butt cheeks. They had also given me Aderol 3mg to help me calm down before. Lol so far my legs aren't as woobly as earlier. The numbness in my ass is starting to wear off. I had no numbness in my vulva. I'm not sure if has or hasn't helped my vulva.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

If you had a steroid injected, you may not know for several days until the steroid kicks in. Good luck!

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
AroraNightfire

Post by AroraNightfire »

My ass cheeks were numb after the bilateral pudendal block and my legs were wabbly but my vulva was not numb. I really wanted my vulva to be numb. They gave me 3mg of adavan before the pudendal block. I remember as the nurse walked me down the hallway the room seemed to tilt. Lol

I don't feel any less pain in my vulva so far, nothing has changed.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, it's possible the block missed the best possible area for the medication to be injected. That happens sometimes with nerve blocks, unfortunately. :(

Return to “LIBRARY - PUBLICATIONS & MEDICAL JOURNALS”