Now what?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Lola2

Now what?

Post by Lola2 »

Ok,
I have one more question ,i have been walking two miles for about a week or more and last night i felt (still have it this morning) a shooting pain that starts in my right buttock down to the back of my tigh but doesn't go to the back of my knee,is this common with PN/PNE?
The night before i felt pain in the right hip too,and on friday i did feel some like electric shocks on my left hip right on the top(after walking)
Please tell me if this is common or if someone has it too?
All i wanted was being more active ,since i gained already 25 lbs since pain started.

Ok thanks everybody ,today i really feel down ,really tired and frustrated with this .

Lola2
Karyn

Re: Now what?

Post by Karyn »

HI Lola,
Sorry to hear you're having more pain. Sounds like Piriformis Syndrome. Are you familiar with the condition?
Best regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Lola2

Post by Lola2 »

Karyn,
I am not familiar wirh that at all,.is it related to the PN/ PNE? MY chiro says i have a misaligment in my pelvis ,so you think is because of that?
Thank you for help.

Lola2
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Well, it is possible to have your PN entrapped at the level of the piriformis. I don't know if it's caused by pelvic misalignment, though. The symptoms you describe sound like PS, with the shooting pain radiating from your buttocks to hamstrings. That would be the sciatic nerve, compressed by the piriformis muscle. Are you seeing a PT, hon? They would be able to identify PS.
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Take a look at this http://www.pudendalhope.org/sites/defau ... 357_01.jpg
You can see the piriformis muscle and how the sciatic and pudendal nerves relate with that muscle.
Pelvic misalignment can cause piriformis syndrome PS as it could put extra strain on the P muscle. In some cases the sciatic nerve can travel through the piriformis muscle (me ) which can cause a predisposition to PS.
It can be quite easy for a physio or knowledgeable medic to find out if the piriformis muscle is tight or spasmed as any palpitation (it is quite deep however) will cause pain.
There are piriformis stretches that can help you identify whether your P muscle is tight but they can cause a flare of symptoms and would need to be done carefully (if at all). They can help PS too however http://www.spinal-health-care.com/tips- ... stretch-2/
If you attempt any, I would only do stretch 1. This stretch can be done seated, but obviously don't do it that way. If you do go to a physio and they want you to try this stretch seated, again, don't. The same effect can be accomplished lying on back, as in the pic.
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”