Having a really bad time!

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
stratts

Re: Having a really bad time!

Post by stratts »

Sorry forgot to say after 6 months of physical therapy the gentleman's symptoms resolved, he had a new perspective on his physical activities and he had his life back!!

Just shows you how things are often not what they seem!! Very very interesting?

I just find it crazy that some people train so so hard without problems, yet very few which includes me (gutted) seem to have a bad reaction. Maybe it is just the fact we need to seek professional advise on how to train?
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I think that last statement is very true but it's also when that addictive thing takes over.
I first started going to the gym many, many years ago when it wasn't what women did, but it was free so I went :) The guy who ran it took an interest (well who wouldn't :D ) and had me doing heavier and heavier weights. I can remember loving lat pull downs as I could see my shoulder and back muscles in the adjacent mirror :oops:
It got to a point where I couldn't get my jeans on over my thighs (they went sort of square on the top) so I stopped.
I also loved seeing men having to adjust the weights to lighter when they used the equipment after me ha ha! No longer however,that was many moons ago.
AH well that's my reminiscences over for tonight :)
I really don't think that most exercising is bad unless done wrongly or in excess. One day I will take my own advice :)
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Removed post
Last edited by helenlegs 11 on Sat May 12, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
stratts

Post by stratts »

Helen
You are making yourself sound very old!! Older than you are. You used to train when women didn't do that?

What did women do in them days then!!

Training is addictive and it is very hard to accept you need to stop. Its not fair!! :x :(
AlBrown

Post by AlBrown »

Stratts,
Just chiming in because some of your symptoms and injuries are very similar to mine. I have 2 central herniations at L4-L5 and L5-S1 which occured some years back. Initially I felt it was the cuase of my pelvic pain and sexual dysfuction but every orthopedic surgeon I spoke with would more or less refuse to admit this could be a possible cause. This led me down the path of many years of conservative treatment around the peripheral nerves assuming my back injury had nothing to do with it.

However, recently my back symtoms flared up again and my pelvic pain/sexual dysfucntion intensified. Got a new MRI showing the disc got a bit worse so it is feasible to think it may have something to do with my issues. Most docs will say only cauda equina syndrome will cause these symptopms which would need a major impedement of the spinal canal effecting the sacral nerves requiring emergency surgery.

To me it seems like it does not have to be an all or nothing condition and a milder form of CES is possible with a less severe impedement on the canal. Convincing a doctor to discuss this as a possibilty is proving to be the difficult part.

Keep us posted!
stratts

Post by stratts »

Hi Albrown,

Thankyou for your reply.
To be honest i also find that when my back pain intensifies my pelvic pain also gets worse, like they are definately linked. I have been saying this for a long time, but doctors dont seem to listen.

I have spoke to many people with exactly the same back injury at L5/ S1 and L4/L5 who are experiencing exactly the same pelvic pain as we are. I am 100% sure their is a link between them.

My doctors have told me i have a slight impingement on L5/S1 region on my nerve root. This is the disc with the spondylethosis (I think i have spelt tht right!!). They say they cant see how it is causing me pain. However, like Helenlegs corrctly said an impingement is an impingement which should not be their. It has got to have an affect!!

The doctors in truth dont seem to have a clue about pelvic pain??

Stratts

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”