Treating Pelvic Pain - PT or Chiro

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
bradley

Treating Pelvic Pain - PT or Chiro

Post by bradley »

Thanks for any responses I can get. I wanted to further my education and become a chiropractor. I also want to help treat other people that have pelvic pain and pudendal issues. So then I am leaning towards a degree in Physical Therapy. There is very limited help in Oregon, so I know I can help locally.

Anyone hear of chiropractors helping with pudendal and pelvic issues besides pelvic and spinal joint manipulations, such as getting additional training directed at pelvic issues? Or is the only way to be of real help to our community to become a medical doctor or physical therapist?

Thanks for any input or suggestions. I guess I could become a DC and MPT, but that is a long time of schooling.
Violet M

Re: Treating Pelvic Pain - PT or Chiro

Post by Violet M »

Hi Bradley,

It's great to hear of someone who wants to treat PNE! Have you read about Dr. Kirk Andrew, a chiro who treats people with PNE using electroshock wave therapy? You would probably have to learn it from him and his assistant though and they are in Canada.

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
bradley

Post by bradley »

Thanks for the reply. I have decided to pursue Chiro first, then Physical Therapy (DPT). I also need to get my bachelors first, so may go with Human Physiology. Not sure.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Well done Bradley,
It will be interesting to see how much, if at all, PN is mentioned on the course. Good luck with it :)
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”