New PNE in AZ

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
biff0101

Re: New PNE in AZ

Post by biff0101 »

Had my first session of PT today with Jocelyn and I must say it went very well. It seems I just need to relax the pelvis area more and do my stretches that I am supposed to do at home. Of course I will not over do it though. More PT sessions to come and I have my pelvic MRI in Phoenix on Monday. Also my thigh chaffing seems to be a bit better since the derm doctor game me a steroid cream to control it. I will update more after the MRI.

Jim

Note: Jocelyn recommended that I get a Tush Cush pillow at Bed, Bath and Beyond to take the pressure off the rectum bone. So far it is working.
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Ok, now I am getting pain straight up through the uretha during and after urinating. I have been fearing this after I have been reading about this and it makes me suspect this might be pudendal after all. We will see.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Jim,

Glad your PT session went well. I wonder though if it might have flared up some irritated nerves. Did she do any internal work?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

No, this happeing before the PT. I just hope it settles down a bit. It seems to be hit and miss. On the bright side I had my pelvic MRI today in Phoenix which was done accrding to Hibner protocals.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, that's not good about the new symptoms then. Hope your MRI sheds some light on the subject.

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Me too, things do seem to be trending to the positive!
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Well so far I have had 2 sessions of PT and it seems to have helped. I do no want to get ahead of myself but the PT relieved the penile and anus zinging. The chaffing has subsided to with my derm treatment. I should know my MRI results by the end of the week. I still do have alot of lower leg stifness though. More to follow.

Jim
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That's great news Jim! Hopefully you can get will with conservative treatments then. ;)

Violet
biff0101

Post by biff0101 »

Ok, I get the lower Pelvic MRI/MRN results back today and guess what? Everything comes back either inconclusive or just minimal scarring in various places such as the pirfirmis muscles. The Alcock canal showed nothing significant but the doctor who reads the MRI says to me that does not mean that there might not be anything wrong with the pudendal nerve or any other nerve. So what the hell was the point of the MRI if it means the status quo with me still having my symptoms. Question: if I am told by Dr. C that my problems were suspected obrutator or genitofemoral related why didnt the MRI concentrate on those nerves? I guess I have to wait until August to see if those nerve blocks actually show anything either.

Jim
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

This is the problem with any imaging if nothing shows. Great if it does. . . Sorry you are back in the same situation but I can understand the need to have a scan as long as the results don't disappoint too much. They shouldn't ever, as you mentioned they are often inconclusive.
I remember that PN (alcocks) did show on one I had (1T) but I wanted my piriformis to be showing major problems, as that's where I hurt the most. The radiologist rightly said that a knowledgeable clinical exam along side imaging is the best way to find a problem. Imaging will never detect pain or numbness but a good clinical exam can.
Hopefully as you say the blocks will give you a better idea and hopefully some good relief for a long time.
take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”