Question for burning feet people

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Dave

Question for burning feet people

Post by Dave »

For people who have burning foot issues, do you ever get attacks in which one or both feet becomes very red and warm to the touch?

If so, do you know what the cause is or how it's treated?  It has been suggested to me that it is related to sympathetic nerves.

Thanks
helenlegs 11

Re: Question for burning feet people

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I do have the burning feet issue. Mine is more soles of feet, so maybe that's the difference as I have never had my feet go red and in fact my worst side would actually be ice cold rather than hot to the touch, much to my husbands consternation in bed. His least favourite phrase is 'can I put my foot on you?' I won't tell you the answer :)
I know that my sister has that problem however her feet swell up a bit too, she has put this down to poor circulation or rather poor veinous return. It's probably nothing like you describe but is alleviated by leg elevation.
It will be interesting to here what others say. . . . I do remember a Doctors video (youtube I think) when a young girl was suffering from regional pain syndrome (I think) and her arms were in a dreadful red, sore state well after the injury she had suffered had gone. Wish I could remember where I saw it, sorry but I'm on a train and they have blocked access to youtube.
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Dave

Post by Dave »

helenlegs 11 wrote:I do have the burning feet issue. Mine is more soles of feet, so maybe that's the difference as I have never had my feet go red and in fact my worst side would actually be ice cold rather than hot to the touch, much to my husbands consternation in bed.
Hi Helen, we may have some similarities. My burning pain is also on the entire soles, but moreso toward the ball of the foot. It is on both feet, but worse on my more painful pudendal side. Is that similar to your situation?

Actually, I also have very cold feet. They only become hot to the touch when the attacks occur.  One or both feet suddenly becomes very red and warm to the touch. The attacks are most likely to come upon exposure to hot water (shower), at night, or when standing on them too long.  My bad pudendal side is more susceptible to the attacks.

Does this happen to anyone else?
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi Dave,
The soles of my feet 'burn' much the same throughout the soles. Although my worst bit is always my heels, again the worst side, worst! I would say that this is due to building numbness, which sounds ridiculous how can NUMBNESS hurt?? but it does to the point where It is really difficult to put my heels to the ground. I sometimes have to have my feet dangle over the edge of the bed as I can't stand even pressure from the mattress or bed covers by night time. I always have numb feet but that numbness grows during the day with 'activity .'
Do you have any numbness at all?
I am SURE that there can be some good improvement (cure? :)) for me, as one night some time ago I was struggling to get to sleep and was trying different positions with supporting pillows etc which just was wasn't working. Eventually I had a small(ish) pilates ball wedged under my pelvis while on my front (I usually have to sleep with one hand wedged to the inside of my hip bones as a bridge support) I still couldn't sleep but kept the ball there and moved around slightly with it. I felt a strange movement/give/not quite a snap in my buttock (piriformis probably) and a tiny square of feeling opened up in the back of my heel.
I have rolled around on that damned ball So many times from then :) with absolutely no effect, but to me that seemed like some scar tissue giving way and freeing some of the nerve. Got to be sciatic, hasn't it ?? Dr Greenslade didn't diss my theory either.
Having another sleepless(ish) one, might get the ball out :)
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
kia kaha

Post by kia kaha »

I get burning feet too, not just the feet, but feels like I have mid calf boots on, and pressure pain on my heels. sometimes the pain and tingling gets so intense that I just have to make my legs jiggle consciously to help alleviate it. It feels like I have been stomping on hard steel for hours in bare feet.

My feet also get VERY cold, like iceblocks, always wearing thermal socks and sheepskin slippers, and when that fails I strap hot water bottles to my feet inside a small pillowcase.

Always comes on in the evening, even if i have been lying down all day, and especially at night when i get the weight of the covers on my legs.
I also have to take my undies off at night as the bit where that elastic on undies cuts in between my thighs gets very painful.

I cant sleep on my front or back at all. and sleeping on my side I have to pull my knees up to be comfortable but that position increses the pain, ts a gamble, do i fall asleep before the pain kicks in more.. and i get a sleepless night.
I cant use sleeping tables as i am sensitive to them.
Chronic Pain pudendal area for 3 years, after a hard jolt to right side.
18 months later discovered sprained/fused sacro-illiac injury. Told to 'live with it' then saw this forum October 2011 = symptoms matched. Attempting to get this investigated in the face of lack of skilled docs in New Zealand.
Been told I have IC Dec 2011
FINALLY - 3T MRI in Christchurch 5th May 2012 - Pudendal nerve block, unguided 8th June 2012 - still waiting on results and progress from these.
deBBieW

Post by deBBieW »

The top of my left foot feels numby, very cold, sometimes. Not the bottom, the top. I do have central sensitization in my legs, so I figured it was part of that. After my recent visit with Hibner, he said my foot pain may be from some irritation to the sciatic nerve, and when my piriformis is tight, I feel the foot sensations sometimes too. Guess it makes sense.

When mine acts up, I stick my foot in one of those micro hot paks.... for whatever reason, heat feels good - probably because it's numby, cold feeling.
My latest new pain, is a throbbing pain on my lower left shin, front of leg. It's just very rythimic, on/off, throb, throb, ache. Not sure what that is? Left side again.

All these pains keep morphing....
Debbie
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .
Anne smith

Post by Anne smith »

Burning feet
Yes these pains do keep morphing??? I not long ago had burning hands in the night( I wondered if it was changing one of my drugs) but I'm glad to say it did settle. Just for your intereast I also get rhythmic throbbing in my shins, but only when my sciatica is bad. I have spent the weekend sanding down doors only because I think I do it best???( and my partner is only to happy to let me???) wow am I paying for it! Without any dought bending brings on a nasty increase of pain! When will this building be finished? I must have been crazy!!!
I think it will have to be a glass of wine tonight" what do you think Helen"
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Anne smith wrote: I think it will have to be a glass of wine tonight" what do you think Helen"
Oh go on then :) No, that suggestion deserves a bigger smile than that :D
I could come and help with your house as I want to be in agony by next Tuesday morning for a medical and I get told off all of the time at home for 'doing things', except making dinner of course.
Cheers,
Helen
momof3bigguys

Post by momof3bigguys »

wow reading these posts i cant believe what im reading..my right foot has been burning forever..i have said since this started my vagina and foot are connected? my sole of my right foot feels like its on fire,followed by at times red patches almost like someone spilled kool-aid on it..my left foot burns sometimes ,but it's always my right..i think im pudendal issues is all on the right!! as i sit here the right side HURTS so bad the burning pain is awful and its all on the right!!!

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”