Do I Have PNE?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Steve

Re: Do I Have PNE?

Post by Steve »

Hello All, Just wanted to say the PT in Edinburgh Bill Taylor has worked wonders on my symptoms. I have been seeing him about 5months now and am nearly totally better. I am drug free and have days when back to normal. My burning pain is no where near as intense and I can sit for periods as long as i'm careful sometimed need to stand a few times over a long period. I can highly recommend him and if anyone is suffering like I was, find a good PT. Thanks to all for your advice. Steve.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Excellent news Steve,
Thanks such a lot for posting this, it's always good to hear positive news :)
I have heard good things about this guy before although I am convinced that my pelvic floor muscles are fine. Do you think that is where your problem lay? keep up the good work.
Take care,
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
birdlife

Post by birdlife »

Brilliant to hear your success story, Steve. Can you detail what kind of physio work Bill Taylor did to achieve this turn around for you. Did he do internal pelvic floor massage, did he work on external surrounding muscles and fascia. . were you able to do some of this yourself at home? Spill the beans please! :)
PN, possible entrapment at ischial spine -Dr.Natasha Curran, National Hospital for Neurology, London.
2 -Xray guided double nerve blocks -Dr.Baranowski - no relief.
TP self-massage reduced piriformis pressure on p nerve.
Dr.Greenslade/Bristol:
CT guided block (left) 16.7.12- success! Could sit without a cushion! On a brick wall!
06/2/13 - Sit pain gradually returned, L3. Offered further CT-guided block, or an op. Had to decline at time.
Feb '15. Applying to be referred again to Dr G.
Steve

Post by Steve »

He did both internal and external works and gave me stretching to do. The first appointment I nearly hit the roof when he started the internal work, thats how tight everything was. Basically he worked down through the muscle layers (this takes time quite a few treatments) until all muscles have been reset. Everything was tight, pudendal nerve, sciatic everything. No wonder I was getting pain. After each treatment I felt better, this took a few days though because you feel like you've been beat up right after treatment. He said in the last 5years he's seen 600men with this. He also see's women. Hope this helps. I don't think my pain was as bad as many I have read on this forum but this certainly has helped me.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Steve, it would be very interesting to know what percentage of the men he's seen improve with PT. Do you know what his thoughts are regarding PNE?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
seanpualion

Post by seanpualion »

I have just joined and I hope I will learn a lot of new information here.
I admire the valuable information you offered in your article. Excellent submission very good post.Keep posting thumbs up.

High School Diploma

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”