Vanessa Frank's book: Living With Pudendal Neuralgia

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Quilter 2

Re: Vanessa Frank's book: Living With Pudendal Neuralgia

Post by Quilter 2 »

Hi Violet;
I bought the book when I was looking for anything to tell me what was wrong with me. For me it was great. The warm water felt great but I don't believe the therapy worked for me. Dr. Quesada does recommended the book to his PN patients for info. He did say that some things in the book he wasn't sure about. If it's free to all, why not look at it?
For me, it gave me info on what the different meds were and seating options. I don't regret buying it. It was something that told me I wasn't nuts with my complaints, when all the doctors were ready to send me to the funny farm.
Best to all;
Doreen
Five pudendal nerve infiltrations with good results.
Sixth Injection left me with more burning, more pain, pain in buttocks.
Botox shot didn't notice any difference
Physical Therapy - Aquatic and Myofascial
External and Internal Manual Therapy on the obturator muscle.
3T MRI with Dr. Potter
2nd opinion with Dr. Hibner in Phoenix
Loretta Robertson PT Phoenix
Decompression surgery Nov. 1, 2011
calluna

Post by calluna »

FYI - the website where this book was available - mentioned at the beginning of the thread - is not there any more.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Doreen, I'm glad to hear you found the book helpful. Do you know if the free online version is available yet?
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Quilter 2

Post by Quilter 2 »

Violet:
I have no idea if it's available or not. For those that bought it and didn't like it, maybe they could sell it to whomever wants it. Just an idea.
Hope you're still doing well
Doreen
Five pudendal nerve infiltrations with good results.
Sixth Injection left me with more burning, more pain, pain in buttocks.
Botox shot didn't notice any difference
Physical Therapy - Aquatic and Myofascial
External and Internal Manual Therapy on the obturator muscle.
3T MRI with Dr. Potter
2nd opinion with Dr. Hibner in Phoenix
Loretta Robertson PT Phoenix
Decompression surgery Nov. 1, 2011
embem85

Post by embem85 »

My physical therapist let me borrow Vanessa Frank's book. It's a great resource to have! I want to buy the book, but haven't been able to find where to buy it. I did a google search, but didn't have any success. Any suggestions as to where I could find the book? Thanks so much!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Last I heard it was not going to be printed anymore but was going to be available for download. I'm sorry, I don't know where you would locate it though and I can't seem to find it online either.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
christi

Post by christi »

I havent' read her book and have no idea about what kind of aqua therapy she recommends, but swimming and water-walking every day just about for the last 2 years has made a world of difference for me. My pain is reduced substantially.

--Chris

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”