Ischial Tuberosity Pain or Sensitivity

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
oldcarguy

Ischial Tuberosity Pain or Sensitivity

Post by oldcarguy »

Just curious how many of you have ischial tuberosity pain or maybe sensitivity in that area? I didn't notice it back when I was sitting a lot but since I've stopped sitting I've noticed that I have more sensitivity in the inner lower part of my buttocks than before. Just a slight bit of pressure such as lying on one side on a couch and having that area touch the seat back cushions will trigger a strange feeling of pain in those areas. It's just kind of a weird tingly pressure feeling not extremely painful but uncomfortable. Has anyone found that indicates a particular entrapment area or maybe muscular issue irritating the nerve?

Another weird thing is that more direct pressure on that specific area such as massage from my PT isn't really painful, I seem to notice it more with lighter pressure such as I mentioned above.
helenlegs 11

Re: Ischial Tuberosity Pain or Sensitivity

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I have ischeal tuberosity pain which is really apparent on my worse side. I did listen to the blogtalk radio show with Dr Hibner, where he said ischeal tuberosity pain is from Alcocks canal. . . . then again I'm sure that Dr Dellon has a different diagnosis, but don't ask me what but I think it must be somewhere in Chapter 12.
Not much help really am I, sorry .
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
nyt

Post by nyt »

During this journey to wellness I have developed a whole new appreciation for the complexity of the pelvis and the difficulty dr.'s have coming up with an accurate diagnosis. The pelvis is a complicated structure so I totally understand why dr.'s have very different views. One can't forget that their diagnostic skills are going to be based on what their training is to treat a disorder. Having said that I am not surprised that Dr. Dellon and Dr. Hibner have different explanations for the cause of ischial tuberosity pain. In my case it took me 4 years to figure out the cause of my ischial tuberosity pain and it is due to myofascial pain. There is one spot on my pelvic floor (bilateral) that every time PT works on that area it radiates to the ischial tuberosity. It is extremely painful and is one of several factors that make it difficult for me to sit. After botox injections the radiating pain goes away when PT works on those spots, my general butt ache is about 80% improved and then about 8 weeks after the botox the pain slowly starts to come back.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
oldcarguy

Post by oldcarguy »

Very interesting possibilities, as you say the pelvis and it's nerve interactions are complex and each person may be different. It's just that I feel I need to understand my particular case better before I take the plunge into TG surgery. I was guessing someone would say the ischial tuberosity pain would be from the nerve being entrapped or irritated between the two ligaments but I guess the alcock's canal isn't that far away from the clamp between ST and SS ligaments. Too bad there's not a more definite explanation for each symptom so one could be more sure of their case before moving forward. I would say my sitting pain is not immediate upon sitting but there's a uncomfortable feeling around my sit bones when I sit that later leads to burning or aching pain in the anterior part of the rectum adjacent to and sometimes including the perineum.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”