Will Sexual And Urinary problems cause Serious Deadly?

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
dbejeoBette3

Will Sexual And Urinary problems cause Serious Deadly?

Post by dbejeoBette3 »

I'm male.
Ok So because i have my problems..

my sexual and urinary systems are affected. Erectile function is still there(but with pain) with visual help but it doesn't work very well , for example don't have night or morning erections etc. Then the urinary system doesn't work well either, i have trouble feeling urge, starting urine, weak stream, broken stream etc.

I heard urine problems can cause other things like bladder damage and kidney failure. These are serious things.
And i understand also erection problems and pains can cause inflamation and inflamation can cause inflamtion everywhere in the body and cause things like heart attacks etc.

So, are people like me ,with affected systems, run risk of dead or something serious? what to do?
dbejeoBette3

Re: Will Sexual And Urinary problems cause Serious Deadly?

Post by dbejeoBette3 »

sunil wrote: I have posted a lot of information about what options men have and did ask you to have a look at the topics because they will give you hope and a means to move forward. While you panic and grieve you will not be able to see the wood from the trees so to speak. So I will say take things one moment at a time, be kind to yourself and have time to relax, take time out to charge your batteries. At least you have options and you found this support group, there was nothing for me for 30 odd years, so count your blessings.

Take a deep breath and accept what is and not fight it, because it will not change things, but you can change things for yourself by being accepting, caring about yourself, reading about your options and seeing what help is available to you. Then you can ask questions. You are not the only man with this problem and I have been recovering and getting sexual functionality back slowly (I have written about this), also if I am still around after 37 years you can conclude that this injury has not caused me to have all those serious medical conditions! I am still around. So you can perhaps stop thinking about those things and start calming down.
Sunil
Oh Ok. Yeah i'm trying my best. I"m trying to accept but it's very harsh at the moment. I keep having tingling kind of pain all day long.
Oh Im sorry you have had to deal with this for many years. I should be strong like you. I want to be , but i haven't found the way to do it.
Violet M

Re: Will Sexual And Urinary problems cause Serious Deadly?

Post by Violet M »

DB, I understand your concern about difficulty urinating. Retention of urine can cause bladder infections that lead to kidney infections which can be serious. Or if you were completely unable to urinate that would be a medical emergency. But as long as you are able to pee -- even if it is a weak flow then it should not be a deadly problem. The important thing is to continue to drink fluids and stay hydrated to prevent an infection from setting in.

If you are really concerned about it you could keep track of your intake and output to see if the output is similar to the input taking into account some loss via perspiration. Maybe this would help your peace of mind?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”