Getting a diagnosis

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Linkey

Re: Getting a diagnosis

Post by Linkey »

Hi Helen

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will help me think straight!

Linkey
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Linkey, I know Ali was thinking about having surgery from Dr. Hibner but I'm 99% sure he didn't - I'm in touch with him on a regular basis. I've known several people who had redo's from Dr. H. Some were successful, some not. Unfortunately, it's impossible to predict the outcome.

You can send a private message by clicking on the member's username and then click on send private message. Or you can find a member by clicking on "members" near the top right and search alphabetically.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Linkey

Post by Linkey »

Thanks Violet. I'm seeing Dr Hibner on the 22nd Aug and hopefully I will know where I'm going with this problem. I did a one hour skype consultation with him. Thanks for the info on how to send a personal message. I didn't look at this web page closely.

Regards
Linkey
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Wow, that's cool that you were able to skype with Dr. Hibner. 8-) Well, good luck with your visit next month. I would love to hear how things go for you. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Linkey

Post by Linkey »

Hi Violet

I will certainly keep you posted. I'm being hopeful that something positive will materialize in Phoenix. Just gotta keep trying! It's a long haul from South Africa though.

Regards
Linkey
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

No kidding -- that is going to be a challenge to make that long of a trip. Did they set you up to see Loretta, the PT, while you are there? Make sure they have because it's not like you can just fly over here any time you want.

Violet
Linkey

Post by Linkey »

I have an appointment with Loretta and then with Dr Hibner the next day. I'm not sure seeing Loretta first is necessary because my scans show a thickening of the ST ligament indicative of scar tissue (this ligament was cut during the op in Nante). In view of this don't you think that Dr Hibner should see me first? And then decide on whether its a muscular or a nerve problem.

Linkey
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I don't think it matters so much who you see first although from what I've read Loretta is actually better at the anatomy/exam of the pelvic floor than Hibner and he defers to her somewhat on that. So, it may actually be good that you are seeing Loretta first???

Violet
Linkey

Post by Linkey »

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Yes, Dr Hibner seems to think that she is quite good and thorough in her assessment of the pelvic area. I'm just concerned about getting botox injections unnecessarily. Patients seems to think that it doesn't really work. If she is a PT how would she discount a muscular problem (myofascial) from that of a possible nerve entrapment? This is my concern.

Linkey
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Linkey, I think your concerns are valid. The way Dr. Bautrant differentiated between muscular pain and nerve entrapment was to press on the nerve at the ischial spine and alcock's to see if it was especially tender there. For me it was pretty obvious the nerve was the problem but it might not be that clear cut for everyone. That is one of the Nantes criteria so they must agree with Bautrant on that.

Violet

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”