Any tests for loss of Urination Abiltiy?

PNMLT, EMG, SSEP, and other Nerve function testing.
The different techniques, results and opinions.
cancel327

Re: Any tests for loss of Urination Abiltiy?

Post by cancel327 »

I feel your pain man. I will not give up on this condition.
after taking antibiotics for years thinking it was prostatitis, the cause of this problem.
I drive for a living so it doesnt help much. But i think that our issue has to do with, not only pudendal nerve, but with the muscles surrounding the pelvic and bladder and rectum. They seem to be out of control. What made my condition worst was about two years ago, i had a mri probe inserted in my rectum and ever since , i have been dealing with anal fissures and rectal spasms and pin and needles pain in both sides of my rectum.
dbejeoBette3

Post by dbejeoBette3 »

cancel327 wrote:I feel your pain man. I will not give up on this condition.
after taking antibiotics for years thinking it was prostatitis, the cause of this problem.
I drive for a living so it doesnt help much. But i think that our issue has to do with, not only pudendal nerve, but with the muscles surrounding the pelvic and bladder and rectum. They seem to be out of control. What made my condition worst was about two years ago, i had a mri probe inserted in my rectum and ever since , i have been dealing with anal fissures and rectal spasms and pin and needles pain in both sides of my rectum.
Wow, i'm sorry you're suffering too.

Yeah i took my Prostatitis antibiotics 2 week dose that he gave me, and it didn't work at all. The thing with me is the Dr just checked the prostate but what if i have stuff in the penis/urethra. he didn't even check. Did you ever have a cystoscopy? Maybe i need one.

But then what if cystoscopy reveals nothing? Then what?
cancel327

Post by cancel327 »

Yeah, i had that done. About 3 times and it doesnt show anything abnormal.
What the Cystoscopy did for me was open my urine stream for about a day or two.
Then went back to weak stream the following week. Listen i thought i was the only suffering from this. Lets hang in there brother. I will keep in touch and i hope u do the same. What u need to do is find a urologist that can send u for a urodynamics.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

dbejeoBette3 wrote: what happens? We just have to live with it?
Well, it's tough if you don't have insurance but many people have significant improvements with the right treatments. I don't know if you are eligible for disability, medicare, or medicaid.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NEUROLOGICAL TESTING”