Fentanyl patches

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Anne smith

Fentanyl patches

Post by Anne smith »

The last four months have been challenging! Just finished house extension, done alsorts of things I shouldn't!! Painted a room(didn't dare tell decorator I didn't like it) I'm a wimp? Partner said I'd have to live with it( no chance) so I did it, with all the bending and reaching I haven't done for years. Crawling into a new loft space! Carrying heavy items, running up and down stairs with builders tea, then of to my hairdressing(for a rest)
While all this was happening I seemed to do fine(adrenaline perhaps?) but this week I had an appointment in london(a couple of hours train journey) for a pain clinic meeting with mr baranofskis team, then a couple of hours sat again back home!
Well the upshot is I have had the worst pain episode ever( I think a description isn't needed to you good people) and after a discussion on the phone(couldn't get appointment) she gave me some twelve mg patches of fentanyl! These she said were the weakest . Now I usually use tramadol for bad episodes but these didn't touch base this time, well this is my dilemma ? After waking up at four this morning(to use loo) then the pain hitting big style, yes I plonked a patch on! Yes I got off to sleep but once up and about the pain was as bad as previous but I can't take my tramadol( or my lyrica,I'm on 150mg daily) "what"!!! And according to instructions I have to keep the dam thing on for seven days? Well sorry instructions! You say no achahol either. Well what can a "girl do"
Anne
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.
helenlegs 11

Re: Fentanyl patches

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Sorry you are suffering Anne, sorry I can't help with any good recommendations about the patches as I haven't had them. Maybe a trip to the pharmacist would be a good plan, they may have something to suggest.
That room décor had better be something wonderful! :(
Take care, from now at least ;)
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Anne smith

Re: Fentanyl patches

Post by Anne smith »

Thanks for your reply Helen. Yes asking a pharmacist would be a good idea! What I have done also is make an opointment to see my doctor next week to have a chat as she has taken over from my old doctor who has retired and although she is p.n.e aware(she says I'm her first)!!!! Aren't I the lucky one , I think she maybe over causious, Whitch is good!
And yes Helen the decor is lovely ! But my bloody mindedness to get things right has cost me this flare up! It is so hard to acsept that we have limitations
Anne
Iliostomys at twenty five, just after delivery of baby
Started with rectal pain about twenty one years later
Ten years to get diagnosis, had to research myself!
Two horrific surjurys two(mend) a perennial hernia
Now with mr baranofskis team and traveling to London shortly for injections into alcocks.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”