New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Elmwood

Re: New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Post by Elmwood »

So you've found relief from pain with the Klonepin? Where was your pain again? I had success with Lyrica (for my scrotal tingling) but have recently had some pain in buttocks when sitting and even lying down. Looking for some things that may help.

Thanks
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Before using Clonazepam, my pain level was such that I could not comfortably sit for more than 20 minutes using a cushion. I would get so much pain in the perineum area. With 1 mg Clonazepam, I can sit on cushions comfortably for up to an hour or more. It makes my life much more enjoyable and bearable.

kone
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

Interesting. I had a nerve block yesterday but haven't had any relief yet. Guess it could take up to 2 weeks. The pain doctor I see is a know it all so I don't think he'll be receptive to any medicinal suggestions I may have but my PC doctor is pretty good so maybe he will. Pain while sitting is new for me and its in my buttocks. No matter my sitting position it causes pain wherever my buttocks are touching the seat etc. I've tried cusions and rolled up towels while driving but they actually caused numbness or hurt even more. Thanks for the info
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
oldcarguy

Post by oldcarguy »

Have you tried alprazolam (xanax)? It's in the same class of drug. It seemed to help me somewhat but I never tried taking it daily but only every once awhile to sleep. I realize it's addictive as well but if it would help if taken regularly I would try it.
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Xanax makes me very sleepy. It probably does the same thing as Clonazepam, but I do not want to get addicted to Xanax. I believe when the time is right I can get off of Clonazepam by a slow taper. I was on Xanax once for anxiety and had a real hard time getting off of that.

kone
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Have appointment set with Dr. Kirk Andrews in Canada for September 9th week. I will post results of that therapy and the experience.

kone
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Kone, I tapered off clonazepam without any difficulties after surgery. I think if you just take it slowly it shouldn't be a problem.

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Thanks Violet. I know it can be a problem for some people. Websites are devoted to helping people get off benzodiazepines, of which, Clonazepam is one. It is about the only thing that really helps reduce the discomfort and tightness in my perineum,o I will continue to take it until I get better.

kone
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Had a 3T MRI taken in Saint Louis Park, MN. Awaiting results.
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

My recent 3T MRI showed no abnormalities. I was actually hoping it would show an area of damage or entrapment to pin down a specific diagnosis. Frustrating.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”