Illioinguinal and Genitofemoral Blocks?

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
AroraNightfire

Illioinguinal and Genitofemoral Blocks?

Post by AroraNightfire »

Has anyone ever had an illioinguinal and or genitofemoral block?
Karyn

Re: Illioinguinal and Genitofemoral Blocks?

Post by Karyn »

Hi ANF,
I had ilioinguinal blocks (bilateral) but they weren't helpful.
I wish you the best with yours ..... Please let us know how you make out.
Hugs,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
nyt

Post by nyt »

I've had a genitofemoral block that worked great. Haven't had ilioinguinal blocks.

Good luck.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
AroraNightfire

Post by AroraNightfire »

NYT! Was the genitofemoral block given on the mons pubis? Where was your pain located? Did the block stop all the vulvar pains? How long did it work for?
nyt

Post by nyt »

Dr. Howard ordered the genitofemoral block because I had numbness and tingling of my right labia. It did not stop the labia pain but it did the area just medial and lateral on the top part of the thigh. If you go to the link below and find the page on the genitofemoral they have indicated two possible areas of innervation. Mine is the darker grey area and not the pink that went numb during this block.

http://dc169.4shared.com/doc/dOn_Y3E6/preview.html

Dr. Westesson who does all the pudendal blocks in Rochester, NY did the genitofemoral block and he did it through the back. I know some dr.'s do it in the groin area looking for where the branch comes off of the femoral nerve.

Dr. Dellon has a good publication that shows all the anatomical variations of the genitofemoral and ilioinguinal nerves.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
acw

Post by acw »

I had the ilioinguinal nerve block done several times. I think that the ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric, and genitofemoral nerves all run close enough together as some point that all three can be covered by one block.
dtroy

Post by dtroy »

Has anyone had these nerves resected and what was the result? Loss of sensation? where?
AroraNightfire

Post by AroraNightfire »

Has anyone ever had a new pain as a result of an illioinguinal or genitofemoral block? I don't know if my problem is with those nerves. I'm just afraid that if I do those blocks it could damage me further. My anasthesiologist seems to think I have pudendal neuralgia since the block for that worked for 1 day. Ppl please talk to me. I hate this f*&king pain. I'm tired of sitting on frozen gelpacks every f&%king hour. Pudendal F(%cking Neuralgia can go to hell.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”