dorsal nerve block

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
flyer28

Re: dorsal nerve block

Post by flyer28 »

Hi all, it is only 2 days after injection so steroids are not working yet I guess. But no major flare-up either.
yes the injection needle spot was aproximately 1 cm from the dorsal nerve I guess, I did not see it exactly. A lot depends on the angle etc.
my pain is pretty similar, following the dorsal superficial vein, and going inside the pubic area, I guess it is more likely inguinal canal than bowell.
Now the pain is manageable, though annoying.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
PN_down_under

Post by PN_down_under »

Hi flyer
If I remember correctly, pn_down_under the guy from Australia who had enourmoously complicated multiple entrapments, is after 6 months reporting significant progress.
Just wondering if these words are from Dr Aszmann, or simply your recollection from some of my previous posts? Its just that Dr Aszmann never mentioned such to me, just that my left sided nerve was very fibrotic and large compared to the right and was a definite compression area.

Hope your doing better these days.

Regards
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

Hallo Pn_down_under
I dont remember exact words, but dr. Aszmann definitely talked about your case as rather complicated and said that you have benefitted from operation.
If I did not quotate him 100% exactly, my apologise.
I am doing relatively better, have had good summer and now my situation is better, though not 100% cured.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
Jprice252

Post by Jprice252 »

Does anyone know if a dorsal nerve block could help with persistant genital arousal. If they numb the nerve wouldn't get rid of the arousal symptoms
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Dorsal nerve block could temporarily numb the symptoms of persistent genital arousal disorder if the clitoral branch of the PN is the source of the problem. But you wouldn't want to have them repeatedly because too many blocks have risks involved such as scar tissue forming and could make you worse or precipitate new problems. One for diagnostic purposes could be worth it if you go to an experienced physician who knows what they are doing.

I can understand why you would want to try this. PGAD is THE worst symptom I ever experienced.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”