DOXEPIN HEALED ME......!

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
knormal1

DOXEPIN HEALED ME......!

Post by knormal1 »

ASK YOUR DOCTOR FOR DOXEPIN. I AM A LONGTIME SUFFERER OF PN & CONSTANT SEXUAL AROUSAL DISORDER, ALONG WITH HIP & NERVE PAIN. I'VE SUFFERED NINE LONG YEARS. I CAN NOW GO BACK TO FINALLY LIVING AGAIN. GOD BLESS!
calluna

Re: DOXEPIN HEALED ME......!

Post by calluna »

So you are actually healed? - that's wonderful. How long did you need to take this med, to get this amazing result? And are you now taking any other meds at all? I thought that doxepin would just be for pain relief, and relief of PGAD. To be actually completely recovered - that's just brilliant. :)
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Glad this is helping you, K. Doxepin is in the class of tricyclic antidepressants. I tried a related drug, imipramine but it made me too sick. With some people tricyclics can cause heart issues or tics. An alternative for people who can't take them are SSRI antidepressants which can also help alleviate some of the symptoms of persistent genital arousal disorder (PGAD).

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Nicwill7

Post by Nicwill7 »

Hi! I just started feeling the PGAD symptoms for the last 7 months... I've tried a bunch of medication with my psychiatrist and some have SLIGHTLY lessoned it but not in the way needed to live a comfortable life. I intrustively am hit with intense arousal/stimulation down there to the point of aching/throbbing and it won't go away until i relieve myself... but if I do, it comes right back... it's insatiable and is destroying every part of my life and I NEED to find the right medication that will take away this arousal.. I have too. I can't live like this.. Did Doxepin really take it away?? Did it still allow you to orgasm when you did have sex ( once the PGAD symptoms were gone ).
I know now that before PGAD i could orgasm so quickly and easily.. and now it takes so long to get there for some reason!
Anyways, please fill me in more on the Doxepin if possible and what dosage worked for you please! It would mean so much!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Finding the drug that works for you is really a matter of trial and error. The drugs I've heard mentioned that are helpful for PGAD are tramadol, lyrica, tricyclic or SSRI antidepressants, and one case I read of varenciline which sounds like it has some nasty side effects. For sleep soma or clonazepam might be helpful.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Nicwill7

Post by Nicwill7 »

Thanks Violet. Gosh in reading back in some of the things I wrote I am a little embarrassed. I wrote so quick and frantically from feeling so helpless and hopeless at that moment in time... I'm sure it might have come off as a bit overwhelming. I appreciate any information at all that you can provide... Its strange... with the amount of money I've spent ( in the thousands ) and all the doctors I've seen.... no one has had any sort of clue as how to help with this situation ...and I've learned more from reading through this forum and from the responses some of you so graciously have responded back to then from all these doctors with their harvard educations... Ironic isn't it? Have you heard from others which SSRI's have worked best? Thanks again :)
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Nicwill7 wrote: Have you heard from others which SSRI's have worked best?
Lexapro worked well for me with very few side effects. You just have to be careful when you go off of SSRI's -- you can't do it abruptly. I took a year weaning off of it.

This condition can be overwhelming -- not need to feel embarrassed because many of us have been where you are and we know what you are talking about.

Violet

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”