went to pt

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
sunshine028

went to pt

Post by sunshine028 »

Yesterday i went to see pamela morrison, great women first person who took the time to listen to my story and smiled and said i can help you and lead you in the right direction. She evaluated me. I have SIJD on rt side. this is not the side of my pain but i guess it can play a part. My pelvic is uneven . No real trigger points in vaginal area, dont have any problems there. She did hit the pudendal nerves, but no pain from them she said the left side is a a little tighter on pudendal. did rectal exam. a muscle at sphinter was in spasm. but she went up further and i believe she said it was the coccygeal muscle was bad spasm. trigger point brings that pain in anus. Ok so then she said that i had scar tissue and adhesions from my tailbone surgery when i had a cyst there. i told her how the other day the area between my tailbone and anus was burning so bad. This is the ligaments that goes from tailbone to anal sphincter( i did not know this) she said was so tight she pushed on it for about 2 min and i could feel a release. I said once on here that when i was putting cream on my area of tailbone i felt like a tugging feeling and that it made my anus feel tight. well i believe and she does that it was that ligament. So overall she believes that pudendal has something to do with it and we are gonna work on those areas. I dont really no what to think cause im scared but thankful that something was found that i was not nuts like i have been told. and that this time this came back i have a little more info than i did the last 3 times. she cannot explain why mine goes away for so long and that i dont even get a little pain i can do whatever i want sit stand lay poop normal everything without pain. There is no ryme or reason for that.
helenlegs 11

Re: went to pt

Post by helenlegs 11 »

This does sound like a step in the right direction sunshine :) It is always a wonderful moment when a clinician is willing to take one seriously, is prepared to evaluate further and can help long term. She certainly sounds like she knows her stuff.
I would try not to be scared, as you say you did feel some release from the work she did on you and I'm sure it will take a little time but you are going to get there.
Good luck :)
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
sunshine028

Post by sunshine028 »

now that i know about the spasms i have been working on it. Hard tho. not sure if trigger points are helping me or making me more sore. i have had bm's finally, but not w/o bad spasm. can i ask you a question if its the nerve causing the spasm does that mean im entrapped? i always have some kind of discomfort whether its pain or just feeling anal sensitivity. This entrappment thing scares me terrible. You know that mine goes away for years without rearing its ugly head until one day its starts until its done again. no break when its here, no relief always something bothering me.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

So.good to hear PTis finding some issues to workon and give you some release and relief. Not sure there is any clear evidence of entrappment just because of a spasm, my entrapment was the pudendal nerve being squeezed by the two main ligaments SP and ST. I would stick with PT and see ifshe can work out theSIJDand other issues, this may do wonders for you and try not to worryabout anything else.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
sunshine028

Post by sunshine028 »

i just wonder why my pain is constant, when i do have it. just questions i guess trying to figure it out.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

It could be that your muscle gets to the point where it is so tight that it impinges on the nerve slightly. There may be many reasons why this could happen, you may never actually know the true answer but to be honest, as long as you are 'fixed' :) that's what really matters.
Obviously your cyst operation could have caused scar tissue which in itself hasn't affected the nerve but if you are tense and hold yourself in a particular way because of stress for instance, it can all build up to a slightly bigger problem. Add that to the SIJD that has been discovered and this my be the trigger to the nerve pain you have experienced.
Luckily you have been nerve pain free for a considerable length of time in between, so once the tense muscles are relaxed and the SIJD rectified there is every reason to think that you will be nerve pain free again :) . It may only need the muscles to have some myofascial trigger point release to be nerve pain free again but of course SI realignment will help you stay that way. These are only guesses but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the way your PT views it too.
Hopefully she will be able to release that tight muscle even more next session for you to feel even more improvement. It might be a good idea to look into some relaxation techniques or meditation, even deep breathing exercises can help along side the PT??
Now that you are on the right track it makes sense to give yourself as much help as possible.
Let us know how you get on :)
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
sunshine028

Post by sunshine028 »

she really didnt work to much on me the first time i go back on monday, we did more eval things this time. It does make sence that i would get better because i went so long between any symptoms. But so frustrating, this is affecting every part of my life. Lost days with my boys b/c i couldnt even function the other day and then pt. I had to ask ex to take them and he did cause he knows what i go through when i have this. Thank God for that . Boyfriend yelled at me today b/c he feels im negative about everything and he is sick of hearing me talk about it. I understand his frustration. But i would love to see how he would be if he had this. None the less had to live with it for 17 years on and off with no answers. I am only taking paxil so pain is pretty bad dont see Dr. till Tuesday. Hope to be on something else. Hope to have a little relief after monday but i know it takes time. Not going to happen over nt. Wish it did tho. Thanks i will keep you updated.
Joyh

Post by Joyh »

Hi sunshine
My pt found my pelvis out of line also, and the same as you, mine `hit` my pudendal nerve. She worked on it and at last, the inside pain I`d been having is gone.

I`ve had pain in the anus region and painful BM`s, but believe I helped myself out by `consciously` relaxing those muscles - plus massaging around my anus with Aloe Vera Gel ( the things we talk about here!! And the things we do to be pain free!!) I was so fed up and distressed with daily painful BM`s and realised my sphincter muscle must be in spasm. I googled and found the above suggestion and after just one massaging session, I`m four days pain free now. :D
I realise your pain is more tailbone related, but I wondered if this could work for you as well?

Try and stick with your pt as she sounds as though she knows what she`s doing. And good luck with your doctor.
I`m taking pregabalin/lyrica and thoroughly recommend them for these nerve pains- a word of warning though, they don`t work straight away, but instead need to build in your system. The lovely ladies on here pointed me toward tramadol and ice, which could help you out until the lyrica kicks in ( that`s if you have it prescribed.)
take care and let us know how you get on
Joy
Jax87

Post by Jax87 »

Hi,
I just want to second Joy's suggestion to ask about Lyrica. It has truly helped me when combined with Cymbalta.

Hugs,
Jackie
Started with vulva itching 2/11. Diagnosed as vulvodynia and then PN in 01/12. Progressed to sitting pain and constant burning. Received 4 nerve blocks with only temporary relief, did year of pelvic PT before being diagnosed with bilateral FAI and hip labral tears 7/12. Did orthopedic PT 1.5 years. 3/13 Arthroscopic hip surgery at HSS with Dr. Kelly. Take cymbalta and lyrica daily. About 97% better than worst point thanks to combo of surgery and meds. Yay!
sunshine028

Post by sunshine028 »

Thanks guys i still havent been back to pt she is very busy but i have been working on things here. not sure how thats going, dont feel like my butthole is falling out but still have heavy feeling under tailbone area and burning there and still aches down there but im hoping with more pt that maybe i can feel even better. Sat. was horrible and wanted to jump off a bridge, was really thinking about it. Then took vicodine which took the edge off. Now taking valium and percocet at night only, stupid dr wanted to wait to put me on some sort of nerve blocker dont ask me why. I dont cry as much as i did. I try not to. I try to be positive, but still very hard since i spoke to Dr Tibet who told me that it doesnt sound like pn/pne sounds like autonomic disorder, which i think he was trying to tell me RSD. But i dont know. Pt will have to do for now and see if i can get better with that. Then next step i guess.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”