New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
konedog4

Re: New Person with Pudendal Nerve Disorder

Post by konedog4 »

Update - approximately 1 week after Shockwave Therapy: I have noticed several things..

1. I still have post-therapy alcock's canal pain bilaterally, which is normal. The pain decreases a bit each day.
2. I have an increased tolerance to sitting.
3. I can now stretch and not have any noticeable nerve soreness afterwards. I am really working on my hamstrings and buttocks. Before, this always caused a flare in symptoms.
4. I go back to work tomorrow after having 4 off days. I feel like I can sit again fairly comfortably without setting back any potential recovery. I am still sitting on cushioned pads with perineum cut-outs.
5. I can sneeze and not get pudendal pain shooting through my groin.
6. I have more feeling in my perineum and "other" areas.
7. My bowel feels a bit more easy to pass, although again, it is too early to tell, as there is still some perineum swelling due to the therapy.

I think it is too early to draw any definitive conclusions. I will know more this coming week and will continue to post.

If my improvements are constant and permanent, I will definitely consider going back for more therapy.

kone
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Kone,

Thanks for the update. It sounds somewhat promising at this point and I hope you continue to see signs of improvement. ;)

Please be careful not to overdo on things -- that is always a huge temptation as you start to improve.

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Thanks Violet, I appreciate your advice. I am being very careful to not "undo" any potential progress that might have been made through Shockwave Therapy. I am taking it very easy with light stretches and walking. Hopefully, I will have more to report (positive that is) in the future.

kone
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Two weeks after Shockwave Therapy: I can sit on cushioned chairs for a much longer time now with very little discomfort. I can stretch my groin and legs without any aftereffects. I am on half of my medication (clonazpeam) and hope to decrease it further this coming week. I can exercise again mildly without any pain. I remain optimistic that the treatment was helpful based on my feeling better and doing more things without pain.

kone
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Yay!
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

How wonderful for you Kone. Glad to hear there is real improvement. Hope it continues.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Alan1646

Post by Alan1646 »

Thank you very much for posting your news. I wish you well.
Alan
"if you want to keep a secret you must also hide it from yourself" Orwell
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

This is great news, Kone! I guess this means you will likely be going back for more treatments -- and for good reason if they are helping you.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
konedog4

Post by konedog4 »

Dr. Andrews' treatment definitely helped me. I am not cured yet as I can still feel symptoms, but I am much better. The full results of the treatment cannot be known yet, but will be apparent in the weeks to come. Dr. Andrews advised at least a 6-8 week healing period before deciding on any more treatment. The week in Cornwall is an expensive one, and all out of pocket expense, so I hope I recover enough so that I don't have to go back, however, finances permitted, I will go back to have another treatment if I do not fully recover. I really want to get my physical life back, as we with PN all do. My case is perhaps unique in that I know the exact event that caused my PN (bike seat) and where I was compressed. Dr. Andrews was able to identify my areas of entrapment and treat them effectively. I was very impressed by his knowledge of the pelvic area and likely entrapment areas. kone
Jax87

Post by Jax87 »

Very exciting! I'm so happy for your improvement. I think Dr. Andrew's treatment can definitely help some people. Keep us posted :)
Started with vulva itching 2/11. Diagnosed as vulvodynia and then PN in 01/12. Progressed to sitting pain and constant burning. Received 4 nerve blocks with only temporary relief, did year of pelvic PT before being diagnosed with bilateral FAI and hip labral tears 7/12. Did orthopedic PT 1.5 years. 3/13 Arthroscopic hip surgery at HSS with Dr. Kelly. Take cymbalta and lyrica daily. About 97% better than worst point thanks to combo of surgery and meds. Yay!

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”