Another Member With a Labral Tear...

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Faith

Re: Another Member With a Labral Tear...

Post by Faith »

Oh and Jackie I was told I don't have dysplasia so I guess that's good. But when I asked her what caused the labral tear she said, "probably the way your hips are shaped/made". So I'm confused. If I don't have an FAI (which they say they can't know until the get in there" then the only thing I know that could have caused it is hypermobility and I wonder if that is not fixed (not sure that it can be) if it will not just continue to happen over and over again. Also not sure how much my SIJD is contributing to it all.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
Faith

Post by Faith »

Just wanted to post an update here as I don't think I ever updated that I actually have bilateral labral tears likely due to CAM impingement and I also have the ischiofemoral impingement. Next week I am meeting with the surgeon, but I'm not sure I will be pursuing surgical repair at this point as my pain seems to have a CNS component and I do fear the trauma of surgery might just make me worse. I am very debilitated with muscle atrophy and my PT worries I would not be able to handle the post-op hip rehab. Some days my hip pain is very bad, but then I can go a couple of weeks without much hip pain at all so it's hard to know if surgery would really help much of my overall pain. I'll keep you updated on what I decide.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Thanks for the update, Faith. Sending you lots of gentle hugs.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Faith, it seems you have a lot going on and you keep finding more pieces to the puzzle. I'm sorry nothing has worked for you so far but hopefully you will be able to narrow it down to something that will.

Hugs,

Viole
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”