How common is PN and PNE?

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
Laurina

How common is PN and PNE?

Post by Laurina »

Hi,
I seem to be meeting mostly doctors who are not familiar with pudendal neuralgia and PNE. Would someone know what the incidence is of PN and PNE? I would appreciate a basic article I could bring to my medical appointments about how common these disorders are, the usual symptoms and the uncommon ones too.
Thanks
janetm2

Re: How common is PN and PNE?

Post by janetm2 »

Laurina,
welcome and you are right there are very few people in the medical professiin who have heard or either PN OR PNE. Prior to finding the PNE people only one of the 7-8 I had seen had heard of it. However it night seem fromm this forum that it is not so rare but just undiagnosed and not sure if there is an article stating the but a moderator of this forum will know. From the homepage you can access the symptom list and again it seems painful sitting should be a symptoom but is not officially listed. Also the doctor list shows only 8 surgeons in the U.S. which again goes towards the facct that this illness is in early stages of bbeing widely known and treated. I do believe things are progressing very slowly due to this forum and those of us working and educating or doctors to at least having heard of it even if they cannot treat us. Good luck.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
calluna

Post by calluna »

Hi Laurina - there is a fact sheet handout for medical professionals which you will find in the Announcements & Community section - here. It is not really what you are looking for, as it is not an article about the incidence of PN, but I hope you will find it helpful nevertheless.
Pompei

Post by Pompei »

I suspect a lot of men diagnosed with non-bacterial prostatitis have PNE and do not know it.

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”