Surgery after 8 years

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
KRISG

Re: Surgery after 8 years

Post by KRISG »

Hi Marc and Alipasha,

Marc just asked me to upload pictures here .
But I have 3 the same pictures ...this ones
Falciform process of the Sacrotuberous ligament.jpg
Falciform process of the Sacrotuberous ligament.jpg (135.23 KiB) Viewed 1285 times

If you send me the other I will upload them here.
You could do it yourself also if you would like
First save any picture as JPG to your disk then on the bottom of the page where you make a new reply , click 'upload attachment- tab and select the file
Then if you want to place it into a certain area in your post click place inline under the file name you just uploaded .

Kris
Bicyclist / IT guy / sitting allot
Then pain -- but only when sitting--
took me 3 years - nerve blocks etc to find out that it really was the surface of a chair that could help.. Now . After 5 years doing well -- on a special chair - special recumbent bike- special car - but ..almost without pain !!
ezer

Post by ezer »

Stephanie P wrote:Ezer, what form did the severe negative reaction from botox take? I developed severe fatigue after botox (said to be a 1:1000 event). I was housebound for two years and am still significantly restricted, although improving, at the three year mark. All the best with your recovery from surgery. Stephanie

Intermittent pudendal neuralgia, diagnosed as ischial bursitis, since 1985. Symptoms relentless following fall onto wet marble floor in 2003. Bi-lateral TG surgery in Nantes 2004 (PNMLT 5.7 and 8). No improvement.
Stephanie,
One more detail regarding Botox. A week after Botox I had blood work done in preparation for my annual physical. 2 days later, I got a call from my GP saying that my test results showed a severe immune problem and that he was very concerned. I do not remember what it was (ANA?) but I redid the blood test 3 months later and everything was normal.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Wow! Very interesting! The ANA must've picked up on the botulism. Seems a little scary for those who get repeated injections. :shock:
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Stephanie P

Post by Stephanie P »

Thanks Ezer, your immune system response after the botox injection is interesting indeed. A doctor suggested that my long-lasting depletion/fatigue was probably the result of a disordered immune system, which makes sense if a neurotoxin is loose in one's system (i.e. leaves the site of injection) as appears to have been the case with me.

Re your apparent lack of progress on the pain front, don't lose heart; recovery is very much an up and down process. Just take things slowly and let the nerve be. I know that's not easy when one is champing at the bit to see improvement and advice and comparisons abound!

All the best, Stephanie
Pudendal neuralgia, diagosed as ischial bursitis, from 1985. Worsened by fall in 2003. Bilateral TG surgery in Nantes 2004. Nerve flattened both sides. No improvement, still cannot sit.
ca_spin

Post by ca_spin »

Hello Ezer,

I saw Dr. Filler last week. and I am considering my options. I'm curious as to your healing status.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

In referance to posts made earlier on in this thread I see Jim11 has almost acknowledged he made false and libelous claims against Dr Filler. In a post on the CPPS forum he states
Just an edit of my previous post. The response of the surgeon to the fellow bedridden I noted ("get a job") may be in error. May have got the dr's he saw mixed up. (Another doc he saw for Botox or nerve blocks may have told him this.... great)
may be in error Jim? There is no maybe about it. You did make an entirely false claim. The cache from the old site was even shown to you. Dr Filler did not tell a patient to ' get a job '.

In addition the Dr that was reported to have told a patient to ''get a job'' was performing botox injections not nerve blocks. I'm all for fairly scrutinizing Dr's but please do your research before attacking medical professionals.
Tried numerous medications as well as a long period of myofascial physical therapy combined with meditation/relaxation. My pelvic floor muscles are now normal and relaxed on exam ( confirmed by many Pelvic floor PTs) yet my pain remains the same. Also have intense leg pain. Deciding on next treatment.
ezer

Post by ezer »

ca_spin wrote:Hello Ezer,

I saw Dr. Filler last week. and I am considering my options. I'm curious as to your healing status.
Almost as bruised as after having PT with Tim Sawyer. Just kidding! Could you tell us more about yourself first?
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
ca_spin

Post by ca_spin »

Sure, I am 42 and a former competitive cyclist. I have a job that requires a lot of sitting. 2.5 years ago, I started commuting to work 20 miles one way on my bike. It was then that I started to consistently notice tingling, numbness, and strange symptoms in my pelvis, down the back of my legs and into my feet and toes. These symptoms had been there before, but they always went away, or at least, I did not notice them. I have had a history of back problems, so I thought it might be related to by back, but an MRI showed that nothing should be causing these symptoms. I then went through the urology/prostatitis (sp?) drill. To no avail. I then googled my symptoms, and wa la, up came PNE. My HMO has been unable to help me, but they did authorize me to see Dr. Filler for one consult, which I have done. Hence, my reason for interest in your post. After reading a lot of post today, it seems that there is a lot of controversy out there as to PNE docs and imaging techniques. I was to referred to Dr. Filler by my PT, who has a colleague with PNE (this colleague found substantial relief from DR. Filler).
ezer

Post by ezer »

ca-spin,
Some of my problems seem to have resolved (sciatica, numb toes, muscular pain) and I am left with constant pudendal nerve pain. It is very different from before surgery. Before surgery, the pain would vary with position. It would be worse if I sat, slightly less if I stretched, get better temporarily with PT. Now it is constant regardless. It seems it is to be expected as the myelin sheath regenerating is painful.
What did Filler tell you? Are you planning to do the MRN? Could you convince your PT's colleague to come on the forum and tell us about his successful experience?
ca_spin

Post by ca_spin »

Ezer,

Thanks for the response. I will email my PT and ask her if she will make this request of her colleague. I doubt that he will come on the forum. He only spoke with me once when I was first considering the possibility that PN might be my issue. My PT put me in contact with him. He helped me to better diagnose it. After several months, I had lost his phone number and I asked my PT for it. She said that he recommended that I contact Dr. Filler, but that he was not willing to chat with me again. Kind of wierd ehh?

As for me, I have to make a consultation appointment with a neurosurgeon (the one ultimately responsible for making the call on outside referrals) within my HMO to go over Dr. Filler's treatment recommendations. I am hopeful that he will agree that the the MRN and the accompanying injections are necessary. If he does not, I am not sure what I will do? I will have to appeal the decision. The MRN and the injections are way to expensive for me to pay out of pocket.

BTW: Dr. Filler believes that I my issues include Piriformis/obtutrator internus/Superior Gluteal Nerve/Ischial Tunnel Syndrome. I am still waitng for the actually report, so I do not recall what all this means.

Return to “SURGERY”