Possible new seat board idea

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
KMC

Possible new seat board idea

Post by KMC »

Hey everyone! As you know, always on the look out for new seating ideas. Ran across this tonight. It is a board for motorcyclers to take the pressure off the ischial tubes. The guy that invented it says he also adapted one to his friend in a wheelchair. I have emailed him to see how he adapted it and explained how important this could be for those of us with PN. Hopefully he will respond but if not, we can at least toy with his idea and see if it is helpful. Check it out, I will let you know if the guy gets back to me :) He is quite the inventor!!

http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/Other_ ... const.html

Katherine
Congenital Tethered Cord Syndrome-released 2000, Horseback fall fx'ing Sacrum & Coccyx (forward 90degrees) 2005. 4 years of severe pain which was finally self-dx'd as PNE (thanks to relentless internet research) and confirmed by Dr. Shobeiri, OU Med. PNLT's, PNB's x 3, Bilat TG done July 2010 revealing much nerve damage and atrophy. Good pain relief initially, increased pain at 3-4 months but remains below 7 unless I overdo, daVinci hyst 5 months after PN surgery with no increased PN pain
KMC

Re: Possible new seat board idea

Post by KMC »

Ok, he emailed me and said that there would not be any change in design for us other than if we decided to cut a bit more out of the back (our front) lol. I am going to make one and see and will let you all know :) Katherine
Congenital Tethered Cord Syndrome-released 2000, Horseback fall fx'ing Sacrum & Coccyx (forward 90degrees) 2005. 4 years of severe pain which was finally self-dx'd as PNE (thanks to relentless internet research) and confirmed by Dr. Shobeiri, OU Med. PNLT's, PNB's x 3, Bilat TG done July 2010 revealing much nerve damage and atrophy. Good pain relief initially, increased pain at 3-4 months but remains below 7 unless I overdo, daVinci hyst 5 months after PN surgery with no increased PN pain
Violet M

Re: Possible new seat board idea

Post by Violet M »

Katherine, are you planning on riding your Harley? :lol:
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”