Dr Dellon

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Ray P.

Re: Dr Dellon

Post by Ray P. »

Hi
I have not seen any post since Feb. 2012 regarding Dellon's results from his surgeries. I would love to hear about the good or not so good outcomes.
Is there somewhere else I could find those results?

Thanks, Ray
Griff522

Post by Griff522 »

As you can see from my signature, my surgery was unnecessary. I wasted a year of my life and $12,000 on this man, and I regret it every day.
Burning vulva pain began 10/09
Treated for SIJD 9/10 and burning stopped and pain localized to rt side
Surgery w/ Dr Dellon 5/11 - didn't help my pain
2012 - PT, massage therapy, and ART therapy from chiropractor
MRI showed labral tear and US of groin found hernias
2/13 - surgery for sports hernia
5/13 - still have obturator internus spasms
5/13 - appt with ortho spine dr
8/16/13 - Arthroscopic surgery to rt hip for FAI and torn labrum
ezer

Post by ezer »

Ray,
My Dorsal surgery with Dellon was of no help.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
Griff522

Post by Griff522 »

ezer, have you been checked for a hernia?
Ray P.

Post by Ray P. »

Thanks
Anymore good or bad outcomes?

Ray
davemon1953

Post by davemon1953 »

Maybe one of the surgical patients from Dellon could authorize him to post a response here on this board. After all, he is getting rich on our suffering. I emailed Dellon went to see him out of desperation June 2012. That office visit was $750.He then emailed me three months later asking if I would like to come in, totally forgetting i had already been there! He said "he was goign through some old emails". Folks, this Dr may or may not hold any answers for us, but I think it is clear that his PN surgery, at $30k a pop surgeons fee, is a big business for Dellon. My life is a disaster since I got this Pn stuff 2 years ago. But, this surgery has been ruled out by me.
Griff522

Post by Griff522 »

I'm so glad you did not let desperation guide you like I did. This man needs to be stopped from doing these surgeries. Nerves hurt for a reason, and if he's not going to be thorough enough to know all the possible causes, then he doesn't need to be slicing people open. In my experience with him, he is not genuinely a good person. And not just because the surgery didn't help. It was little things about the way he treated me that showed me who he really was.
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

I don't have a personal experience with Dr. Dellon but I saw him speak at the International Pelvic Pain Society conference in 2011. I was very disturbed by his demeanor.
He dismissed the work of all other surgeons in the field based on the fact that relief is not immediate for their patients. He showed a slide of a patient's vulva and told the audience that she had described her pain as "a thorn in her rosebud"; and then followed it with a slide showing a picture of her face (her standing, smiling, with her husband). He also showed a slide of a "patient satisfaction" letter from a male patient, name included, stating that the man felt so much better the he had been able to masturbate and couldn't wait to try having sex. I don't know whether or not he obtained patient permission for either of these displays...I certainly hope so.
I think it would be wise to leave my assessment of his attitude toward patients and other physicians out of this, and just stick to the above facts which were witnessed by everybody present.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

HerMajesty wrote:I don't have a personal experience with Dr. Dellon but I saw him speak at the International Pelvic Pain Society conference in 2011. I was very disturbed by his demeanor.
He dismissed the work of all other surgeons in the field based on the fact that relief is not immediate for their patients. He showed a slide of a patient's vulva and told the audience that she had described her pain as "a thorn in her rosebud"; and then followed it with a slide showing a picture of her face (her standing, smiling, with her husband). He also showed a slide of a "patient satisfaction" letter from a male patient, name included, stating that the man felt so much better the he had been able to masturbate and couldn't wait to try having sex. I don't know whether or not he obtained patient permission for either of these displays...I certainly hope so.
I think it would be wise to leave my assessment of his attitude toward patients and other physicians out of this, and just stick to the above facts which were witnessed by everybody present.
:shock: OMG!!!!!!!! :shock:
I also have no personal experience with this surgeon, but am friendly with lots of others who have. I've never been impressed with his ethics or professionalism, either. One of the many things I recall about him, is publishing someone's private parts in one of his "pain journals/chapters". This particular patient viewed the chapter on this site and was shocked to see their private parts on display for all the world to see. Of course, the first thing I asked was if they had signed something giving him permission to display the full color glossy, or had given verbal permission for the publication. The response was NO. I really don't understand how this is possible, and asked the patient if they had a copy of their new patient intake paperwork. This was not a surgical patient. Just someone who went for a consult!
So ... Dellon patients - surgical and non-surgical alike .... were you asked to give permission, either verbally or in writing to contribute to his promotional materials?
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
AliPasha1

Post by AliPasha1 »

Hello freinds,

One of my Italian friends "Andrea"had a successful bilateral surgery with Dr. Dellon about two months ago.The price tag was almost US $ 50,000 because I think he charged an extra US $15,000 for the redo or an extra nerve.I believe the patient's journey started in 2006 and had failed surgeries with both Dr. Beco in Belgium and Dr. Bautrant in Aix En Provence,France in 2007 and 2009 respectively.

He has no rectal burning and he can sit for more than two hours without a cushion.His sitting is improving every day and he is quite thrilled to leave the PN world.He is back to work .

This is the only case that I can confirm of Dr. Dellon's PN success.He was entrapped in the ST ligament on both sides including some pathology in the perineal branch.

Dr. Dellon also mis-diagnosed me for dorsal nerve entrapment in 2011 which eventually took me to Vienna,Austria.In reality, my PN was or is still entrapped.
Take care,
Ali
Diagnosed for PNE by Dr. Jerome Weiss in June 2007.Started PT with Amy Stein in NYC.
PT for almost 3 years now without any results.
Pudendal Nerve blocks in August,2007 by Dr. Quesda left me with sitting pain.
Unilateral TIR approach with Dr. Bautrant on 18 Febuary,2010 with no major improvements and sitting is much worse.
MRI By Dr. Potter reveals nerve entrapment in the ST,AC and DN.
Dorsal Nerve Decompression surgery on April 8,2011
Redo surgery by Dr. Hibner on July 18,2011

Return to “SURGERY”