PN Surgery?!

Read and discuss about the many surgical options and the surgical centres Worldwide.
Karyn

Re: PN Surgery?!

Post by Karyn »

Well said, Violet! :)
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
EdB

Post by EdB »

I've had PNE symptoms for last 10 years. I have appointment with Dr. Hibner in April but would like to talk with a 60+ man who has been through surgery with Dr. Hibner or the Houston team. If you will send me a private message I will send you my telephone number.
Thank you !
Ed
rj419

Post by rj419 »

MRI's don't work. I had an MRN done at the Neurography Institute in Kennesaw, Ga. The MRN is basically an MRI with special software so that nerves can bee seen. Mine showed the pudendal nerve lit up(as if agitated) and I am currently in Houston awaiting surgery by Lee V. Ansel. I have had epidurals, nerve blocks, and many narcotics over the years. He explained that after all that, it would still be basically and exploratory surgery. But at least there may still be light at the end of the tunnel. ;)
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hope all goes well with your surgery, RJ. I've heard Houston is now doing the MRN too -- do you know if that is true?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
rea

Post by rea »

Violet,

I had an MRN done in Houston at the Hermann Imaging Center (HMHS Outpatient Imaging) ordered by Dr. Skaribas. It was read by Thomas William Twifford Jr., MD. I was told by the technician that he was trained by Potter. The results were nowhere as specific as what I have read on here by Potter but he found greater abnormal signal intensity on the right which went along with what Loretta said during her examination of me. It also agreed with the PNMLT done by Popeney (I know that test is not a true indicator but it matched my mrn results and her examination.
Symptoms began 6/27/12. Diagnosed with Vulvodynia.Estrace and Lidocane with no relief.
Uretha enlarged Aug. 2012. MRI of Lumbar in Sept. 2012.Normal. Did MRI 3 Tesla of ischial spine to Sacro Spin- Normal. Houston-Nerve Block 10-31-12 & MRI (MRN) entrapment of perineal branch, more on right side. Dr. Hibner- block of perineal branches and sclerozation w/relief over 1 month. SIJD/Piriformis Syndrome Left Side. Gabapentin 2400 mg.
rj419

Post by rj419 »

I just had the surgery one month ago. I went to Houston to see Lee V. Ansell 5420 West Loop S # 1100 Bellaire, TX 77401 (713) 664-0894. First I had an Mrn done at the Neurography Institute in Atlanta. It showed my nerves lit up like a light! After going to Houston, Dr. Ansell sent me to have a nerve block. After a week with no relief, I was schedualed for exploratory surgery. It took 4 hrs, and he found my pudendal nerve to be trapped bilaterally. He said it could take up to 18 months to heal. I hope it works, and also that this post can be a guide for some of you. Good Luck!
JODDY47

Post by JODDY47 »

carolynm wrote:We have only 1 patient who reports an 80% improvement over on the fb site. Please be sure you know where you are entrapped and that you are having the correct procedure done for that area. Surgery in my mind should not be considered unless you are ready to jump off the bridge. We just do not see great results, friends. And the surgeons are not being honest about success rates.

Just my opinions
I read several post on the TIPNA website about people who got worse after surgery.

Return to “SURGERY”