Rectal manometry test - any reason to do one?

PNMLT, EMG, SSEP, and other Nerve function testing.
The different techniques, results and opinions.
Celeste

Re: Rectal manometry test - any reason to do one?

Post by Celeste »

I don't know of a single PNE doctor who requires the results from this in order to treat you. Hope this helps!
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
sam

Post by sam »

My gastro asked me to do a balloon manometry, I think it is the same as rectal manometry to assess the rectal pressure, but after he said a colonoscopy will do. Every doctor have their own way of treatment and is so frustrating.
swank

Post by swank »

They may want to check you for a sphincter defect issue and that's a way then can tell by measuring how much pressure you have in that area.
I have both internal and external sphincter defects from childbirth (4th degree laceration) and he did that test, the PNMLT, EMG, and ultrasound. Which all showed, PN damage, sphincter defects, and some other things going on that have skipped my mind at the moment.

Return to “NEUROLOGICAL TESTING”