Sitting or Squatting toilets and the affects on PN

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Dizzyblonde

Re: Sitting or Squatting toilets and the affects on PN

Post by Dizzyblonde »

I find that very interesting Sunil particularly in the light of the fact that most PN sufferers have constipation too. How do we adjust our loo's to accommodate the crouching position?
Judy
Bladder prolapse surgery 1992; hysterectomy & 2nd prolapse surgery next 6 years. PN started 1992 but managed well. Flare in March 2012 ignored signs from prolonged sitting & exacerbated by UTI. PT so far unsuccessful. Two bilateral blocks only right side positive for short time MRI showed PNE left side. Results conflicting so proposed nerve stimulater implant with bilateral PN release to cover all scenarios. Might go ahead approx Feb 2013 Housebound..300mg Lyrica x 2 daily &5mg Endep
JAT

Post by JAT »

The following is a link that may help: http://www.squattypotty.com/default.asp
Coccyx fx.'86?, kicked same spot yrs.earlier.Endo,adhesions;laparoscopy,lysis adhesions,presacral neurectomy '99-felt great for 3 months.Tarlov cyst;neurologist said go home.PT;no help.Several more laps; clean.Pain meds,muscle relaxer,xanax-helpful.Pain & countless symptoms escalating.Current:I don't have a life,can't "hang on" any longer.I know I'm asking 2 much,but searching 4 informed physician/s who take me seriously,know what they're dealing with,and hopeful subsequent relief.
solarmom

Post by solarmom »

Hi
For those with rectal pain I would like to note that I bought one of these and It gives me some relief, specifically from muscle spasms of the sphincter after BM. Even if you arent interested in buying one, the video makes good sense w/r/t the squatting posture aligning the body more correctly for evacuation.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”